Chapter 54

Izuku was flying and without wings to boot, sure he's been floating and hovering. This however was on another level, quite literally. Izuku was testing out as he went what exactly is making him fly. Is he controlling his clothes to carry him? That was ruled out pretty quickly when the shoe he didn't tie properly this morning came loose. The only conclusion he could make was that he was lifting his entire body with his mind. 

Izuku thought he might be on to something but gave up on entirely understanding the how. Instead he willed himself to go faster and he just did. . . This was fun. A foreign concept to him even if his new life gave him many chances to have fun Izuku would rarely indulge in something fun when alone. It's hard to undo years of conditioning that having fun meant you aren't as alert. In an environment where being lax earns pain it's not a wise choice to make.

He hasn't lived in such an environment in years which makes him feel quite guilty for still having that mindset. Mr.Takada and now his father have gone out of their way to make sure he feels safe and even loved.

If Izuku was honest with himself this was the only reason he agreed to the appointments with hound dog when they got their phones. He wants to be to show his father that he's grateful for providing such a safe and loving environment.

Izuku had entirely forgotten about the race when he reached the cityscape and All might landed about ten seconds later. This brought him out of thought and back to reality. 

"You are quite fast young man, I wasn't aware you could fly." All might spoke as Izuku made his way back to the ground.

Izuku was failing to contain his smile "I didn't know either i've never gone higher than a small tree or tried going anywhere when I'm up there." 

"So that's one of the things you wanted to test out today then?"

Before he could answer his father came over with Nezu sitting on his back. Izuku has never spoken to the headmaster but he felt odd about him. Not in the sense of him being a bad person, more like he's dangerous. His presence always made Izuku's nerves be on edge. 

Nonetheless he wanted to show off to this dad so he took to the air again this time trying to launch a bit faster than just floating up. He managed but when he looked down to see his father's reaction he realized he'd gone further than he intended. 

Unable to decide if he's happy he can go so fast flying or annoyed it's another thing to add to his list. The list consisted of things he wanted to train for more control. He made a mental note to add it while he flew down. This was also a bit faster than he would've liked but nowhere near a speed that would do him any damage.

While making his way down Izuku saw a glint out the corner of his eye, attributing it to the refection of a window he put it out of his mind. He quickly found out it wasn't a window reflection at all. One second he's struggling to fly down at a reasonable pace and the next he's being held tightly by a man with wings. So tightly that it was starting to become hard to breathe without pain. He thought he heard the man say something but he was panicking too much to hear or pay attention. His only goal was escape.

Izuku struggled and pushed against the grip of this winged man, the more he resisted the tighter his grip grew. This set Izuku off an put his mind right back to feeling of having no choice all the way back to Jared and how he made him feel. It's been years since Izuku thought about it, mainly as he always feels guilty. He still blames himself but more than that he refuses that it had a huge impact on him. He didn't have to endure months or years of it, he got off light. What right does he have to complain.

In a last ditch effort Izuku bit one of the man's arms that was holding him. He screamed in pain but didn't let go. Izuku wasn't thinking rationally anymore. The fact that a captured animal can and will chew of it's own limbs to escape made perfect sense to him. Without hesitation he started punching his collarbone only stopping when he felt and heard a snap.

Without the restriction of that bone Izuku wriggled himself free and slipped out despite the pain. The second he was free he made for the ground and directly to his father. He felt his bone snap in place and heal as he went. Tears making a trail as he flew just out of reach of the winged man who was chasing him now. When they were closer to the ground Izuku made a bee line for his father but the winged man seemed to give up his pursuit.  Izuku managed three words when he reached his father. Through sobs and pure terror across his face. 

"help me dad . . ."