Chapter 150

Izuku knew he'd beat Hawks to headquarters, especially since technically he did cheat and make himself lighter. Uraraka might have revealed herself to be kind of a bitch but her quirk is extremely useful. The one thing he didn't know about however was that apparently Hawks had a date with his mystery boyfriend. Dabi.

When he landed back on the balcony he nearly lost his footing and fell backwards as Dabi's form popped out from behind the sliding glass door.

His face conveyed his disappointment once he saw Izuku. "Oh, I thought you were Keigo. He's not here right now if you need him, kid."

"Well hello to you too, do you ever wear a shirt?" Izuku asked bemused, as he was indeed once again standing there without one.

"No need to, I'm immune to cold. Any idea when the bird is coming back? He's not responding to texts."

Immune to cold? That seemed odd to Izuku, the last time he was here with Dabi too he had used a fire quirk to light the stove. How does that work with a cold immunity? Shouldn't it be fire immunity? A ton of bricks hit Izuku over the head, that's why his skin is like that, isn't it?! He must have been staring at him too long while his brain wandered since he waved his hand in front of Izuku's face.

"Oi, you in there kid?"

Izuku recoiled as he came back to his senses and looked slightly embarrassed to have zoned out staring at Dabi like that. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry. Hawks is on his way, he just lost our race since he's such a slowpoke is all."

Dabi snickered "Wow, you beat him in a race, eh?"

Loud flapping and a scoff above them alerted them to Hawks eventual arrival. "He most certainly did not beat me, cheeky little chicklet cheated."

"Slander and lies! You can't prove anything." Izuku protested and stuck out his tongue.

Hawks just rolled his eyes and sent a feather to tickle Izuku's neck while he turned his attention to his new guest. "Everything okay? We didn't have anything planned and I forgot about it, right?"

A crooked grin crossed his face "Much as I'd like the opportunity to milk a situation like that, no. We didn't have anything planned.. I uh- I just" He stopped himself, obviously uncertain or uncomfortable with Izuku in the listening range.

Izuku got the hint just as he caught the feather harassing him. "I'll go wash off, just put something like a sock on the door if you guys get too busy."

"Will do little feather."

Izuku laughed to himself as he made his way inside, hoping those two weren't as loud as he and Katsuki could get. Barely a few steps inside however and he found his view of the world shifted sideways as he was tackled to the ground.

"IZUKU!"

Just as he was ready to defend himself from his attacker his brain supplied him with vital information, he knew that voice and one proper albeit skewed look at his assailant confirmed it. Contrary to his usual view about them, Izuku was quite glad there were no knives within the surrounding area. The person who was still sitting on top of him looking overly pleased with herself was none other than Toga.

Wait... TOGA?!

Carefully he started lifting her off of him with his quirk and quickly scrambled out from under her. What was a member of the league doing in Hawks tower?! It also finally clicked for the first time where he had seen Dabi before he met him here the first time. In that seedy but well maintained bar Kurogiri runs...

Was Dabi involved in the league?! Izuku was about to scream for Hawks when the wind was slightly knocked out of him by another pair of arms gripping him from behind in quite the tight hug.