Chapter 168

The day of the physical portion for the final exam everyone felt pretty confident. The written portion had gone better than most of them had assumed it would. The rumor that they would be facing robots again was confirmed by a few upperclassmen, giving it renewed traction. This was coupled by the fact that 1 B had heard it too. It had the majority of 1 A convinced of it now, so they found themselves relaxed.

Izuku didn't, his dad and Mic would get a certain look whenever he had brought up the rumor. They never officially gave him a real answer but that in and of itself was answer enough for him. He tried to tell the rest of the class but they were far too happy to have the written portion done to actually pay attention to his warnings.

So when their homeroom teacher, his dad, entered the testing area flanked by every member of staff, except All Might... Well, Izuku was smirking while most of the class looked panicked and drained of all color.

Izuku coughed to cover up him saying "told you so" during it. Half of the class glared over to him, having actually heard him. Izuku just chuckled and moved closer to Katsuki who was one of the few who didn't look surprised.

There out of his dad's capture scarf Nedzu popped out looking far too happy for anyone to be safe. He clapped his paws together. "Hello cubs." he started out with a chipper tone, his beady eyes swooping over everyone before he continued. "It's good to see you've all survived the written exams!"

Sero audibly groaned as if to protest the very notion that he did survive. Nedzu either didn't hear or didn't care, he just carried on. "Now then, the physical portion of the exams for first years has always been a chance to show how much you've grown since the start of the year. A direct comparison between the entrance exams and this." He said before pausing. It was just long enough that some of the class had regained a bit of hope but Izuku knew that devious glint in the chimera's eyes. He's up to something so he remained on guard.

"As such you would face the same setting as you did back at the start of the school year." A few of the class didn't catch the would part of that and looked even happier.

"Given however that none of you have had a normal school year so far and have come to face dangers much sooner than normally, well we felt it was appropriate to update the exam to match." Sero actually let out an audible gasp in horror which only seemed to delight Nedzu more.

"Instead of the normal robots, you will be paired up and then face off against one of your teachers present here." Izuku saw his dad duck his face deeper into his scarf to hide his smirk when Ashido let out a shocked no...

Izuku didn't pay her much attention though, he had another worry. With Iida gone there wouldn't be enough of them to form even teams. Would one team consist of three or is some unlucky sod going to do the exam solo? Just before he could actually voice this a small flying drone came close to Nedzu and projected a hologram.

Team Asui & Tokoyami vs. Ectoplasm

Team Sato & Kirishima vs. Cementoss

Team Bakugo and Ojiro vs. Power Loader

Team Todoroki & Yaoyorozu vs Eraser Head

Team Uraraka & Aoyama vs. Thirteen

Team Ashido & Kaminari vs. Nezu

Team Koda & Jiro vs. Present Mic

Team Hagakure & Shoji vs. Snipe