Chapter 106

He had made a choice but he didn't think he could just do it before he was certain of something. It affected whether or not what he wants to do now will work or not. So he braced himself for a possibly disappointing answer. 

Izuku looked at his faceless father "The doctors told me I need a deep understanding of the quirk before I can make it my own."

His father scoffed "Fools, all you need is to touch someone and you can make their quirk yours forever."

"so it's like an advanced version of Monoma's quirk?" Izuku asked more of himself really but the question was answered anyways.

"If his lets him use others quirks then yes"

"Yes he has to touch someone and can use their quirk but only that quirk and he looses it if he takes someone else's" He replied back before he could help himself. After all these years he still has a mild obsession with figuring out other people's quirks. Maybe it's part of his?

Izuku shook himself mentally, now wasn't the time for this. He had made a choice and had to go through with it. So nervously he looked around and spotted a cup on the desk. Time to test if his idea will work. He held out his hand and thought about it. Below the cup opened a small gate like Kurogiri would use. Though this one's vapor had a green tinge to it. The cup fell through and another small gate opened above Izuku's hand letting the same cup land in his hand.

His father was watching this very amused it seemed. Izuku however wasn't done and thought about it and watched as the cup decayed in his hand. Shigaraki and Kurogiri who had been standing by the door the entire time let their jaws hang open. Well Shigaraki's did, Izuku just assumed the same was true for the mist covered Kurogiri.

Halfway satisfied with his test Izuku made a new gate next to him and stuck his arm inside it. When he pulled it out unscathed and with a key in his had he smiled eagerly. He faced his Father again wondering if he was going to have to escape or fight his way out if he didn't like what he said.

"I'll consider joining you if you let me take Hannah with me."

Izuku tensed as a frown formed on his face. "Her name is Izumi, Hannah is just a name the first copy picked out." 

He reached into a drawer and pulled out a remote of some kind, pressing one of the buttons the glass pane separating Izuku and Izumi lowered. "It's what the key was for son..."

Izuku didn't expect this would be so easy but happily helped her out of the cell and used the key on the collar around her neck. Izumi rubbed her neck glad to be free of the constriction. Izuku didn't want to push his luck and opened a gate large enough for her to step through.

She looked at Izuku nervous and unsure. 

"I'm right behind you I promise." he tried to comfort her.

Izuku could see the fear in her eyes and was curios why she hasn't spoken yet but she nodded and stepped through the gate without much more fussing. Izuku closed it after he was sure she had made it, he was scared someone else might dive in.

Now came the hard part. Getting himself out too. He turned to his Father and bowed hoping manners would be enough to convince him he wasn't lying. "Thank you for that Sir."

He gave Izuku one of his unnaturally wide smiles "Anything for you my boy. Now go and make ready to return here soon. Say your goodbyes. We have work to do fixing this broken world."

Izuku nodded and didn't need to be asked twice. He opened a gate back to the Hideout winking at Shigaraki and Kurogiri before jumping in. He popped out in the same spot he had left earlier and immediately remembered why he left there in a hurry, when a screech that would make a banshee jealous reached his ears.