Chapter 133

While Izuku and Bakugo were in their own little bubble of love and celebration Todoroki had managed to take third place and most of Class A had been part of the forty two who passed onto the next event. It wasn't until Midnight's voice boomed again that both of them paid any attention to their surroundings.

WELL THAT WAS QUITE THE PASSIONATE AND HOT DISPLAY BY OUR TOP THREE AND LIKE THE WINNER PROMISED CLASS A HAS ALL BUT SWEPT THE FIELD WITH THE COMPETITION.

The crowd cheered loudly, it's not often cockiness is proven to be anything but. Bakugo had made a promise and class A had seen to it that he didn't lie. Only Koji and Mineta were eliminated by the obstacle course. The rest of the spots were taken by a mixture of Class B and a few of the other classes. Most notably Mei Hatsume from the support class who had used her 'babies' to fly over the entire course.

Izuku was happy to see Hitoshi had made it too but also saw past that smile he had on. There wasn't anything he could do for his brother though. Pushing any further is just going to make him close up entirely, Izuku had to put faith in their dad. Like before an announcement from Midnight brought him out of his spiral and worry.

LET'S SEE WHAT THE SECOND EVENT IS GOING TO BE THEN!

Behind her rose a large spinning wheel with options for what the second event was going to be. Nearly always the second event is a team based activity. Midnight spun the wheel and as its speed reduced slowly it looked like this year wasn't going to be any different.

THIS YEAR'S SECOND EVENT IS NONE OTHER THAN CAVALRY! HOW EXCITING! TEAMS OF UP TO FOUR BUT NO LESS THAN TWO WILL TAKE UP A HORSE FORMATION. THE RIDER WILL WEAR THEIR TEAM HEADBAND. THE OBJECTIVE IS TO EARN POINTS! OTHER TEAMS WILL TRY TO STEAL YOUR HEADBAND SO BE SURE TO PROTECT THEM! EVERYONE WHO CLEARED THE OBSTACLE COURSE WILL BE GIVEN A HEADBAND MATCHING THEIR RANKING IN FINISHING THE RACE. LOWEST BEING WORTH FIVE POINTS, THE NEXT UP IS WORTH FIVE MORE THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE! THE EXCEPTION TO THIS IS OF COURSE OUR FIRST PLACE FIRECRACKER WHO EARNED HIMSELF A WHOPPING 10 MILLION POINTS!

The crowd roared to life again excited for the possible combinations of teams and the expected carnage of everyone targeting Bakugo. The explosive boy just smiled wider saying loudly "Bring it on fuckers!" Izuku just sighed fondly as he looked at this display.

They were given ten minutes to form teams and come up with a plan after they were given their headbands. Izuku looked at Bakugo who hadn't left his side yet. "Are..., are we going to be a team then Kacchan?"

He just gave Izuku a smirk and pulled him close to himself much to the protest of his dad up in the announcement booth (Can you two focus for once? Leave space for the holy spirit!). This just earned a giggle from the crowd as Kacchan leaned in close to speak directly into his ear. "Obviously we're going to be a team. Nobody can beat us.. Wonder Duo for life babe" Izuku couldn't help but blush.

Before they knew it the buzzer rang to signal their time was up. In the end they ended up in a team of only them. This suited Izuku if he was honest, he still had a trick he hadn't pulled but wanted to during the race.

THE ROUND LASTS FOR A TOTAL OF FIFTEEN MINUTES. THE SIXTEEN PARTICIPANTS WITH THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF POINTS AT THE END OF IT ALL WILL ADVANCE TO THE FINAL EVENT. GIVE IT ALL YOU'VE GOT! PLUS ULTRA!

The buzzer went again and the round had started. Predictably all the teams had it out for them with only class A looking a little hesitant but still trying. Izuku was the rider so he squeezed Bakugo's neck with his thighs to get his attention. "Do you want to fight them for a bit, Kacchan?"

Bakugo gave a maniacal laugh saying "Hell yeah I wanna fight 'em. Bring it on fuckers!" Izuku just chuckled. His job was simple, protect the headband. There was no need to get other teams headbands. Not yet at least...

Team Todoroki consisting of him, Kaminari, Momo and Iida arrived first, and much to Izuku's boredom Todoroki had sent his usual opening move of an ice wave their way. Izuku sighed and waved away the bit of the wave heading for him while Bakugo blew apart the lower bits of it.

Next to reach them was Team Aizawa consisting of Tokoyami, Uraraka and that pink haired girl from Support. Hatsume. They opened with an unfortunate choice of Darkshadow, weak to light; it didn't stand much chance against Bakugo's explosions.

At the same time Team Kirishima consisted of Ashido, Sero and Ojiro. Their first attack came from Ashido who spilled out an acid attack making Team Wonder duo move for the first time in the match. The attack also made everyone else move too, even altering the approach of another team.

Team Aoyama that contained Asui, Sato and Shoji nearly missed altering their own course and would have ended up in the acid, if Asui hadn't used her tongue to grab onto the team that did evade it and pulled them sideways.

The battle raged on and not many people got close between Bakugo's insanely large explosions and izuku flicking away those who thought they were nimble enough to evade. Eventually most of the teams gave up and started going after other teams to gather some points. Bakugo of course wasn't satisfied with that and went after other teams who didn't even try to take them out. Seeing it as disrespect they hunted them all down and had taken their points too.

This meant there was no other choice for those teams who attacked them first to try again if they didn't want to turn on each other. Izuku had waited for that of course and gave a smirk when he saw Team Todoroki lead the charge again. He did seem to learn from the first time though as they stopped short of reaching distance. He put an ice wall only to melt it moments later. It was enough time for something to have happened though because once the wall was gone and the ground had turned to mud, Momo had covered them in some sort of protection. It was a nice plan and it might have even worked if it wasn't so obvious why only Kaminari wasn't covered. So before he had even put his hands on the ground to send the electric charge through it, Izuku had enacted the trick he had wanted to use in the obstacle course.

The crowd gasped as they went higher suddenly. Bakugo and he rose up on a cement pillar Izuku had constructed using Cementos's quirk. It was well worth the visit yesterday to greet the teacher as he was busy constructing the stadium.

The other teams looked annoyed as most of them didn't have a means of reaching them up high like that. Bakugo at first protested the move but started cackling as he saw the panic in the other teams expressions. "Top of the world extras!" he yelled down at them. Time was running out and the teams who had led the attack against them at the start were the only ones with points left. The rest of the teams chose to target them instead, trying frantically to get back any kind of points.

While they were no match for Izuku and Bakugo they were competent enough to keep their own points so when the buzzer sounded for the final time they were the only ones who had any points. Midnight's voice blared in everyone's ears again. Izuku is attributing his lack of hearing loss to his healing quirk by now.

AND THAT'S THE END OF THE CAVALRY BATTLE EVENT! AN AMAZING EFFORT FROM ALL THE COMPETITORS! IT DOES SEEM LIKE THE DECLARATION BY OUR WINNER OF BOTH THE FIRST AND NOW SECOND EVENT HOLDS TRUE. CLASS A HAS DOMINATED THE FESTIVAL. ONLY TWO ENTRANTS ARE FROM OTHER CLASSES. MOVING ON TO THE FINAL ROUND IS TEAM WONDER DUO, TEAM TODOROKI, OH WHAT'S THIS?

It seemed like Midnight had gotten information mid announcement. No doubt what to do now that there were eighteen participants who had points but only sixteen spots in the last round. Izuku guessed right as the attack Kaminari had used made him go into overload again leaving him unable to compete and Aoyama seemed to be suffering the consequences of his quirk again. Izuku had vowed by now to not try and replicate naval laser, it looks far too painful.

SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION FOLKS, IT SEEMS TWO STUDENTS HAVE HAD TO WITHDRAW FOR QUIRK RELATED ISSUES. THEREFORE THE SIXTEEN MOVING ON TO THE FINAL EVENT WILL BE TEAM WONDER DUO, TEAM TODOROKI SANS KAMINARI-KUN. TEAM AIZAWA, TEAM KIRISHIMA AND TEAM AOYAMA SANS AOYAMA-KUN HIMSELF SADLY. THE STUDENTS WILL GET A CHANCE TO REST BEFORE THE FINAL EVENT STARTS, BUT FEAR NOT FOLKS EVERYONE IN THE SCHOOL IS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE RECREATIONAL GAMES DURING THE BREAK SO STAY TUNED!

Midnight's whip cracked as she winked at the camera again. Izuku could hear Mic and his dad comment on how the round had gone. Discussion the different tactics everyone had used and how much to his dad's grumpy annoyance #WonderCouple has become a trending hashtag on HeroSay. Izuku could hear the pride hidden beneath it though so he just giggled as he and Bakugo held hands walking to the backstage locker rooms.