Chapter 111

Hawks had never moved this fast before in his life, not without his own life being in danger and then he was fueled by adrenaline. This time his speed was fueled by the need to save Izuku from himself. He had managed to reach and grab hold of Izuku's arm just as he had started to raise his arm, no doubt lining up some form of attack. 

Izuku was furious that this woman has gotten away with her very obvious crimes for apparently years before someone even noticed. Then she would slip away and do it all over again. Meanwhile the memory of him almost ending up in jail for jaywalking when he was younger, all because he was quirkless kept adding to his anger level. He felt his arm being grabbed and looked up at Hawks who had come out of nowhere.

He struggled to pull free but couldn't as he didn't want to hurt Hawks in the process. He looked away from the woman and up at Hawks trying his best to remain calm with him. "Let go I'm going to kill her"

Hawks eyes grew wide in shock. He shook his head and pulled Izuku closer to him putting his other hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. "Little feather stop you cant!"

"Why not?!" Izuku demanded

"Because that's not how the world works" he pleaded with him

Izuku scoffed hearing this "Fuck the world she deserves it. . ."

Hawks sighed lightly "you cant mean that Izuku"

He glanced over at the woman who was still doing her best to insult the policemen arresting her.  Seeing her act like this just reminded him of all the people in his life who treated him like he was less than trash just for existing. 

"Yes I do. I'm sick of everyone always walking over me." 

Hawks could see in his eyes that this woman was just the catalyst for a deeper issue so he decided to direct the conversation there. He really had no idea how he would defend this horrid woman so he was hoping this would work. "Hurting someone intentionally is much different than by accident."

Izuku looked at him like he had grown an extra nose. "you think I don't know that?!" he demanded

Hawks shook his head. "no I don't think you do little feather"

Izuku looked away not wanting to hear what Hawks had to say anymore, in Izuku's eyes he's clearly forgotten how he got where he is. Being used by others, hell he was sold as a child. He really thought Hawks would be the one person to get why he wants to hurt this bitch. So what if he gets arrested. Nobody really needs him all that much, nearly everyone hates him in his class now. Bakugo can move on with Izumi. Hitoshi has Kaminari. 

Hawks sensed Izuku's mind was working overtime on something negative so he lightly shook the shoulder he was holding. "look at me" he insisted as they regained eye contact.

"Think back to when you hurt me. Was that fun?" he asked without a hint of malice in his voice

Izuku looked hurt that Hawks had asked him that. What would make him think he enjoyed any of that? "That's not fair and I thought we moved on from that." he defended

Hawks nodded and smiled "We have and do you know how we were able to do that?" he asked with that same tone as earlier.

If Izuku was honest he still hadn't figured out why or how Hawks had forgiven him so easily, he was well within his right to hate him for the rest of his life. Instead he's become like a fun uncle or older brother he can also go to with heavy stuff too. Izuku just shook his head unable to come up with an answer.

Hawks smiled and sat on his heels so he didn't need to bend down so much. "Because I saw how much you regretted what you did and because I realized it wasn't even about me."