Chapter 104

He was disheveled and looked like he barely sleeps but Izuku was certain it was him. The boy looked around at the source of the shout. Seeing Izuku his eyes went wide. "Hello Midoriya-kun, that quirk of yours sure is amazing. . ."

Hearing his birth name only aggravated Izuku further as a new wave shook the building bringing down more dust. Shigaraki stepped in front of Izuku waving his arms looking comical and desperate.

"whoa my guy can we not collapse the place where I sleep?!"

Izuku glared at him. Shigaraki got on his knees looking even more ridiculous looking up at Izuku with pleading eyes.

"please?"

Izuku took a deep breath to calm down and the shaking stopped. He returned his attention back to the boy making sure to keep his quirks in check.

"explain yourself" Izuku directed at him as calmly as he could

He looked at Izuku eyes heavy from a lack of sleep. It reminded him of his dad. "explain what?" he asked.

Izuku felt the sting of his eyes threatening to let his tears fall. "You left the twins and just ran. I don't care about me at all but you could have saved them." he pleaded with him failing to contain his tears as memories came rushing back.

"There was time Robby. . ." he said more softly knowing it's actually unfair to blame him when he could've done more himself. 

Sure he didn't have all the quirks he has now back then but maybe if he tried harder they would've activated? The same doubts and blame he usually had during his nightmares ran through his head. Robby who up until now seemed reserved and unemotional let his guard drop as he shouted at Izuku bringing him out of his head.

"You. . . You think I don't know that already?!" tears in his eyes.

He hit his head repeatedly as if he was trying to get loose a stuck marble "You think I don't hear them screaming as they burn alive every time I try to sleep?!" 

Tears running freely now "I was barely older than them you know..." Shame evident in how he hanged his head. 

He then looked at Izuku again "We, all of us in that house were there for a reason." Wiping his cheeks. 

He lifted up his shirt to show off his side and back. There Izuku saw it, badly healed skin from pretty severe burns.

"That's from before I even got taken in there. . ." he said seeing the look on Izuku's face.

"None of us had a happy life before we ended up there." Making Izuku feel stupid and selfish for not realizing that sooner. Seeing Izuku not respond he carried on.

"So if you want to hurt me go ahead, I'd welcome it. Before that though, fuck you for blaming me!" he said getting slightly braver.

Izuku was stunned but he kept going. "It's nothing I don't tell myself every single second of the day! I was scared okay!" His breathing ragged as he continued while crying. 

"You were there for a fraction of the time. We all got close but they were my family dammit. . ." Gasping for air as he seemingly had finished.

"I-" Izuku started to say something but knew what to do. He strode over to him making him flinch slightly preparing for a hit. Instead Izuku had taken him into a hug holding his head against his chest letting him cry into him.

"I'm sorry Robby. I blame myself more than anyone else and truth be told I had hoped you got out, I'm glad you did." His own tears unable to stop either.

"I thought you died too Mido-" he started but Izuku shushed him.

"It's just Izuku and I'm sorry I didn't try to find you."