Humanity Here We Go Again

Maddie's POV

Sitting inside the heretic girl's tiny apartment she handed me a blood bag and then gave one to my sister before sitting down at the table across from us. Holding the bag in my hands I eyed her still confused. "So my sister said that you are the last living heretic. Half witch and half vampire. Because as far as I kne witches lose their magic when they turn."

"She's right. Although I am surprised we haven't met until now considering I was there to help your sister through the Gemini twins birth." The heretic scoffed at my direction.

Pushing some hair out of my eyes I was baffled that I could make my pregnancy sound so normal after all these years. When it first started none of it was simple, not even the birth. "Basically I am the soulmate to the original vampire hybrid Klaus Mikaelson. He got me pregnant when I was still human and he was born a werewolf so we got to have two twin daughters. So during her pregnancy I was having to deal with witches in New Orleans who thought my children would destroy the supernatural world. I couldn't exactly take a vacation from something like that."

"That is incredible. I would give anything to be able to have a child. My life once I turned didn't allow me to keep Stefan Salvatore's baby. So I will gladly help any supernatural person who is allowed to have children." Valerie smiled reaching across the table, taking her hand in mine then looking at my twin.

Caroline sent her a gentle look bringing up the reason we were here. "So what do you know about being able to prevent a merge between Gemini twins. The family curse on my daughters."

"Unfortunately I have been asking the witches all across the world and since there aren't any living relatives from that coven, not much is known. The only way to stop it is if one of the girls becomes undead. Such as a vampire. Otherwise there is no other solution." Valerie slumped her shoulders in defeat seeing our smiles fade.

My phone started ringing in my pocket by the time we were leaving the heretic's apartment. It was almost dark as we walked to the parked car. Pressing the phone to my ear with my shoulder Caroline got in the driver seat starting the drive home. "Who is this?"

"Hello my love, I am wanting to know if you are home yet. I am wishing to paint the town red with you." I blinked, recognizing the voice of my husband through the other end of the phone.

Leaning forward in the passenger seat I could hear the difference in his tone of voice. Him mentioning to paint the town red usually was a joke but this time the delivery was much more serious meaning something had happened with the girls. "Nik, what happened? How are the girls? Did we win?"

"The girls are doing their own thing, I am only concerned with when you are returning to our house. Because I am so wanting to show you the world and then do what vampires can do." He responded through the phone where I lowered the phone.

Whipping my head in the direction of my sister, she could see my espression. "We have to get back to Mystic Falls now!" She drove as fast as we could until she parked the car outside of the mansion rushing off to go check on the school to make sure everyone else was alright. Bursting through the front door of the mansion I used my vamp hearing trying to find him by calling out. "Klaus!"

Before my eyes he vamped in front of me with some blood on his shirt. There was some blood on his chin too which was odd considering we had gotten used to drinking from blood bags. "Hello Maddison. I have been missing you since you left."

"Nik, what happened with our daughters? And why do you have blood on you -" I gasped when he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me up so my legs wrapped his waist. He quickly vamped me onto my back of the bed discarding his shirt when I met his gaze.

He captured his lips with mine in a long kiss until I tugged on his hair making him break it wiping the blood from his mouth than mine. His blue eyes gazed down at me tearing my shirt in half kissing me again. "I enjoyed a little chase while you were gone, Mads. Now less talking."

"Chase...you went after a local - oh my Nik!" I gasped, cutting myself short when he kissed down my neck making me forget for a second that he wasn't acting like himself. I mean he would be needing to talk about what happened with Malivore first and then we would have gotten into this. But that wasn't the weird part, it was the fact that he didn't seem to care that he drank from a human. Once I was turned he decided to follow my lead and drink more from the bags.

Pulling his head up I connected our lips together again. He moved one hand into my hair deepening the kiss until he held my hands above my head making love to me like we did the first. Blinking my eyes after a few hours of sleep I rolled over onto the bed seeing that he wasn't laying there. Grabbing one of his shirts I threw it on walking down the stairs halting in my tracks at what I walked into the kitchen. "Klaus, what the hell?"

"I was just having a drink, Maddie. Come on, you can join me then we go back upstairs for round two." He removed his fangs from a girl's neck not caring that there were at least four other dead bodies on the floor that he clearly had drained without remorse.

Wrapping my arms around myself I bite my lip not really thinking that we would be back to this. I could see that he wasn't the same person when I left yesterday. "Nik I...you turned it off again...why?"

"I did, Mads. Oh wait well I should correct that to Nikola made me turn." He dropped the girl he was drinking to the side of the kitchen table. "She made me remember how much I enjoyed it. Oh and Hope is also enjoying the life with her."

Running my fingers through my hair I threw my head back not believing that this happened a second time. "I can't believe this...I have to tell Caroline." Turning on my feet I head towards the stairs to get changed.

"Join me, Maddie. Let's have some fun like we used to. We don't have to keep being the responsible people all the time. Turn it off with me." He gently grasped my arm making me suck in a breath.

Yanking my arm from his I vamped upstairs and back to the school leaving him there and to my surprise he didn't follow me. "I can't turn it off again, Nik. I'm sorry."

Comments really appreciated ❤️