4. ☆ The Fallen Star Shines The Brightest ☆ (part 1.)

Kimhan loved stars

Kimhan loved stars.

Many people did.

But Kimhan was different.

Since he was a child there was nothing that could get his attention as much as those shiny objects so far away in the galaxy and yet so beautifully captivating. When he looked at them the world stopped - Kimhan was up there in the inky black sky, basking in the company of the most magnificent things that the universe could offer to humanity.

In the beginning, the stars were Kimhan's solace in times when he wanted to disappear from the world. When his mother died in a car accident and a month later his father drank himself to death in alcohol and sorrow.

Those times were the darkest part of Kimhan's life - darker than the inky night sky, darker than all his nightmares, darker than the strongest shade of black. There was nothing and no one who could bring any kind, even the faintest form of life into Kimhan's life.

For a while, after the death of his father, Kimhan stopped looking at the stars. He couldn't bring himself to look at something that carried so much light when his whole life was nothing but darkness incarnate.

And that was his biggest mistake, for the stars were exactly what he needed to heal, to have his life illuminated enough to continue living and breathing.

Or maybe one star was enough; the star whose light burned into ashes, forced out of the night sky, forever gone from all the other stars who wept for the young star falling down on earth.

The chill breeze of late September evening was brushing over Kimhan's skin as he was strolling down the empty streets of his home town. He could feel the incoming rain in the air and the quietness of the streets which felt like a ghost town was way too loud for his already suffering mind.

Two years.

It had been two years since his mother died - the catalyst for all the darkness in Kimhan's life.

Walking back home from visiting his mother's grave was always the hardest. Leaving her there in the cemetery while he was walking back home always made him feel like he was betraying her.

It wasn't a reasonable feeling but that didn't make it any better.

Kimhan was about to cross the street to his house when he heard it. The weak moans and quiet crying were coming from behind the corner, only a couple of metres away from him. He was about to shrug it off and continue to his house when the first drop of rain touched his skin.

"Perfect," Kimhan sighed, looking across the street to his house and then back at the place where all those pitiful sounds were coming from.

Another particularly loud cry entered Kimhan's ear and he internally cursed himself; literally fuck his soft heart! He turned on his heels and made his way behind the corner, looking to discover what exactly was going on.