28. ☆I'll Keep You Safe In Your Dreams☆

— Kim has a habit of taking a nap in Chay's arms no matter where they are and Chay does everything to protect his boyfriend's peaceful sleep — from playing with Kim's hair to throwing a knife at anyone who disturbs them —

"Angel," Kim whined, throwing himself on a sofa and laying his head in Chay's lap. "I'm tired."

 "Hard day in the recording studio, baby?" Chay brushed off a strand of hair that fell into Kim's face as he lay down.

"I couldn't focus because you weren't there."

Chay giggled, "you know I had classes. I couldn't be at two places at the same time."

"Then you should have been with me," Kim mumbled and turned on his side, wrapping his arms around Chay's waist.

"Hmmm, should I start taking online classes instead so I can be with you more?"

"Over my dead body!" Porsche said with a tone that wasn't up for any debate.

"Oh, yes...I'm still here. We were in the middle of a conversation in case you have forgotten."

 Chay glanced at his brother, "no, I didn't. Go on, continue."

Without waiting for Porsche to speak again, Chay focused back on Kim in his lap whose eyes, hazed with adoration were looking up at Chay. Chay smiled, leaning closer he whispered, "do you wanna sleep, baby?"

Kim nodded, "just for a bit. I want to take you out for dinner later."

Porsche cleared his throat, "Hey! Can your brother get two more minutes of your time, Chay?"

"Yeah yeah, I told you to continue."

"Gosh, I just don't know what to do. Kinn has been ignoring me for the past few days, Chay. What if...what if he is cheating on me? I'm gonna fucking kill—"

"He is not cheating on you," Kim's sleepy voice entered their conversation. "He is just freaking out about your birthday. He is preparing your birthday party." Kim's eyes widened at the same time as Porsche's. Kim looked up at Chay again, "oops."

Chay laughed, stroking Kim's cheek, "it's okay."

"Really?" Porsche asked with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

"Yes. But pretend you know nothing. Don't ruin the poor man's fun," Chay chuckled.

"I know nothing at all." Porsche said and left the room, smiling and mumbling something unintelligible to himself.

When Chay looked back at Kim, he was already sleeping, eyelashes lightly fluttering, a slight smile adorning his beautifully youthful face. Chay let himself fall into a dream world with Kim. There was only one difference. Kim was asleep, deep in his dreams that his unconscious mind was creating for him. Chay on the other hand wasn't asleep. He didn't have to be asleep to feel like he was dreaming. Having Kim so close, so vulnerable, sleeping in Chay's lap, pushing all his guards down and letting himself be guarded by Chay's presence only — that was like a beautiful dream to Chay.

Chay was Kim's safe place, the only person with whom Kim was a hundred per cent himself. Where he didn't have to pretend or hide anything; not anymore. And Chay loved him so much. He would do anything to make sure that Kim felt safe with him, that he would always lay like this in his lap — happy, like he deserved to be like they both deserved to be. Chay's fingers touched the few days-old stubble on Kim's face. He traced his fingers gently over the outline of Kim's defined jawline, stopping for a second at a tiny scar on Kim's chin that he got on the day Chay took him back.

That day, Chay may or may have not thrown a vase at Kim.

Moments later Chay was kneeling next to Kim on the floor, apologizing over and over again, and the next thing he knew Kim's lips were on his and he never wanted it to stop. Chay smiled fondly at the memory, kissing the scar.

"I'm sorry for the scar, baby," Chay whispered.

Kim shifted a little, subconsciously strengthening the hold around Chay's waist, mumbling a quiet, "Chay."

Chay hummed, softly playing with Kim's hair, "I'm here, I'm here." After watching Kim sleeping for a couple of more minutes, Chay grabbed his phone. Kim looked so cute; it would be a crime to not take some photos. So Chay did, he took a reasonable number of photos; just a couple of hundreds...you know...nothing much...oh and also a couple of videos too.

He tried to stay quiet, giggling as he was going through all the pictures he took, awwing and fanning himself over how adorable but hot his boyfriend was, while Kim still slept soundly in his lap.

Chay was in the middle of choosing which photo he wanted to put as his lockscreen when Macau walked into the living room like a wild storm. "Chay, here you are! Why are you ignoring my texts? How about a boxing match, huh?"

Chay glared at him, one could say that the flames in Chay's eyes were real. He typed something on his phone and a second later Macau's phone let out a 'ding' sound with an incoming text. Macau frowned, he took out his phone and his frown quickly disappeared. He rolled his eyes, "oh nooo, cousin is sleeping! Good thing I don't care," he talked even louder now. "Come on Chay, he can sleep alone."

"No he can't!" Chay said, sounding almost offended.

Macau shook his head, "you two are sickening. I'm very much disturbed and disgusted, ewww."

 "Sounds like your problem," Chay said just loudly enough for Macau to hear, hoping to not wake up Kim from his dreams.

"Come on, bestie, let's go!" Macau screamed, grinning like a maniac. But not for long. The flying knife, cutting through the air right next to his ear and burying himself deep into the wall behind him was good enough of a reason for him to stop grinning. "The fuck, Porchay?"

Chay shrugged, "I told you to stay quiet."

"Where the heck did you even get this knife from?"

"Your brother. Now leave! You woke up my boyfriend," Chay scoffed, focusing on Kim whose eyes were already open, looking back and forth between Chay and Macau, confused.

Macau just sighed, walking away.

"Angel, how many pictures of me you've taken this time?"

"Pictures? What pictures? I didn't take any pictures," Chay giggled, kissing Kim's lips.

—☆THE END☆—