11. ☆Hidden Heaven☆

Porchay has been a target of bullying since he entered a university and a small corner of the library is the only place where he feels safe. But one incident involving the university director's son; Kimhan, might as well change everything

Section E, row 7 — English and American classics, of the university library, was the place Porchay was spending most of his university days, hiding from bullies

Bullies.

Porchay never expected that his dream university would turn into an everyday nightmare because of a bunch of boys who apparently weren't mature enough to be allowed at the university. Bullying was a concept Porchay always connected with elementary school or high school where immature kids go around thinking they own the world and scare those who don't have it in them to fight back. But university? The university should be a place where only people mature enough and intelligent enough go to educate themselves more, seek higher knowledge and satisfy their hunger for exploring the hidden places of the unknown.

University shouldn't be a place where Porchay got pushed down the stairs and broke his wrist. University shouldn't be a place where hot coffee was spilt down on his head, almost burning his skin. University shouldn't be a place where each day Porchay got called awful names he didn't even want to think about. University shouldn't be a place where he got beaten up so badly that he had to skip the following couple of weeks just to put himself back together.

Porchay was twenty-one and he was afraid of bullies.

He hated himself for that but what could he do? He was one and they were five. Every time he tried to fight back he ended up even worse. So, it was better to just find a place where he could be hidden most of the time.

It was his assignment for Shakespearean English that brought him to this hidden corner of the library a couple of weeks ago and Porchay was suddenly never more thankful for a school assignment than he was on that day. Porchay loved it there — cosy, hidden at the back of the library where not many students ever step a foot in, an old but comfortable armchair was sitting right under a small window with a view of the university gardens, and huge shelves were filled to the brim with classics in the English language — exactly what Porchay needed for his major.

It was his hidden heaven.

A place like that wasn't something his bullies would frequent...at least not until now.

Porchay was making his way through the last couple of pages of Dracula, snuggled comfortably in the armchair when he heard the voices he had hoped to never hear anywhere near his hidden heaven.

"Did you hear the news? Director's son is back from the States."

"Kimhan?"

"Yeah, who else, you idiot."

"He has been gone for only two months. Why is he back already?"

"Who knows, maybe he already fucked every chick there and got bored."