34. ☆A Bet for a Second Chance☆

"You came," Kim breathed out, leaning on the wall next to Chay, their faces barely inches away

"Bet is a bet. I lost so I'm here" Chay shrugged, his eyes not leaving Kim's for a second.

"You losing means that this is a date, Porchay."

"Me losing means that I have to give you a second chance Kimhan, so don't fuck it up!" Chay said back, the usual shyness of the boy Kim once used to know was gone as if it was all just a dream.

Kim slightly nodded, he could feel a cold sweat on his palms; sweat that he wished he could say was from his concert that he just finished a couple of minutes ago. But that would be a lie. And Kim was done lying when it came to Chay. "You've changed."

"Two years do that to people..."

"Yeah," Kim gave Chay an understanding half-smile.

"...and broken heart does too," Chay finished his thoughts. He smiled back and Kim too. It was a genuine smile but there was too much pain, longing, and fear behind it, to make Kim's heart happy. Since he crushed Chay's hopes and dreams for their future into pieces, Kim had wished for Chay to smile again because of him at least once; at least for one fleeting moment. But now when it happened it brought him only pain and regret. 'One smile can hurt more than a thousand words.' One of Theerapanyakul's maids used to say this a lot, back when Kim still used to live at the main house. Kim never understood that saying. Until now. Kim would rather not see Chay smile because of him ever again than see him smile like this even one more time.

"Um...do you want to go to sit at the bar or we can go somewhere else," Kim proposed, his body slowly leaning away from Chay. The last thing Kim wanted was to make Chay feel uncomfortable. But, he clearly wasn't reading the air right — which used to happen to him around Chay a lot — Chay slowly, fingers trembling a little, took Kim's hand, holding him in place.

"We can stay here...like this," he looked around and then his eyes turned back to Kim, it's pretty private here."

Kim gulped down the sudden nervousness, as if only now realising the way too close proximity of their bodies at a place where, Kim knew, drunk couples used for making out or worse. "Yeah, alright, let's stay here," Kim said, his eyes falling down at their interlocked fingers. It was such a small gesture but it filled Kim with so much relief that he could almost cry.

"You've changed too, you know?" Chay spoke, watching Kim's eyelashes fluttering and cheeks raised up in a small smile as he was looking down at their hands. "You didn't used to be that nervous around me. It was always the other way around."

Kim chuckled nervously. He looked up at Chay, "I guess you could say that tables have turned?"

 Chay laughed out loud, shaking his head.

Kim was awestruck for a moment. His breath hitched and his eyes desperately took in every minuscule expression of Chay's face when he laughed. The way tiny wrinkles appeared around his eyes, the way his beautiful lips shaped into a breathtaking smile and the way his whole body laughed with him. It was magical, it was captivating. If one smile could hurt more than a thousand words... then one laugh could make it all right again.

"You are beautiful," Kim breathed out before he could stop himself. His eyes slowly widened when had realised what he said.

Chay stopped laughing, his free hand going up, tangling itself into Kim's silky hair, "it's better than me crying, isn't it?"

Kim did a small step even closer to Chay, their breaths morphing into one. "I'm sorry for everything, Chay."

"I know you are," Chay whispered, squeezing his hand a little.

"I can never forgive myself for what I've done to you. And it's selfish of me to hope that you'll forgive me but I do. I have spent every second of my days hoping that one day you'll forgive me. Please, can you forgive me, Chay?"

Chay smiled again, but this time it was playful, almost as if Chay was playing with Kim, "I wouldn't lose to Tankhun if I didn't forgive you."

Kim's mouth opened in surprise, he was looking at Chay, seeing those tiny sparkles in Chay's eyes and he couldn't believe his own ears. "You lost the bet on purpose?"

"Of course, I did. I've never lost a bet to your brother. Why would I allow myself to lose now if the outcome would be to give you a second chance if I really didn't want to?"

Kim beamed, he couldn't stop smiling; no one could make him smile the way Chay did. To make him feel that smile not only on his lips but all over his body, warm and gentle, making him feel like he deserves to feel like that: happy. His free hand sneaked around Chay's waist, fingers slowly caressing Chay's hips. And Chay let him. Relaxed, he was watching Kim, waiting for his next words.

"Chay...I'm afraid of promises but I promise you that I'll do everything to make you feel that this — our second chance is worth it. That you didn't make a mistake. That I love you."

Chay's body shuddered, he pulled Kim closer by his nape, their lips almost touching, "say it again."

"I love you, Porchay. I love you more than my own life," Kim's lips brushed over Chay's, making Chay part his lips, his eyes begging for Kim to kiss him. The way Chay whimpered the moment Kim's lips finally melted into his own was a melody so beautifully haunting, Kim knew he'll hear it in his perfect nightmares for the rest of his life.

— THE END —