HEY from 2024 asvmane

I wrote this close to four years ago, when covid hit and isolation became the only thing to do. My friend recommended me a bunch of animes and I finally got around to it. First on the list was The Disastrous Life of Saiki Kusuo, and I immediately fell in love with the humour.

14 year old me, who had the biggest, creative mind, held a locket in my hand, and began creating a wild storyline. Nothing serious, pretty wild, but nothing new with TDLOSK.

I've written a few fanfics at this point, so it couldn't hurt to write another. Again, isolation. Not much else to do.

Within a few days I hit 100 reads. Wow. Genuinely, wow. Soon after, I reached 1k. I swear my heart was exploding.

Suddenly people are commenting and even messaging me about how excited they are to read the next chapter. Not to worry, I already had plenty of ideas up my sleeve. Perks of writing a fic on a slice of life anime.

I took plenty of hiatuses due to disinterest, school, forgetting... my bad.

But every time I came back, you guys welcomed me.

And eventually, I finished the book after like 80 chapters, 30 authors notes, 3 hiatuses and 2 years.

When I did, which by the way, the writing was awful. Why didn't you guys let me know... You guys loved it. I was met with such positivity, that it brought my love for writing back. So much that I started a sequel.

But unfortunately, I grew out of it again. It just happens.

Every now and then I would come back, see how it's going. My reads boosted to 1million, and now has 2million.

TWO. MILLION.

As I'm writing this, there are people reading and saving this book. This crappy, cringey book 14 year old me cherished because it somehow made other people happy.

I'm 18 now, crazy. I've graduated, and have found a lot of time on my hands.

So... anyone care to see a rewrite with better writing, in character characters, better ability explanations, and more?

Let me know.

Either way, I love you all, and thank you for supporting my younger's self dreams. :)