O18: 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

BUT I CAN SEE US
LOST IN THE MEMORY !

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

saiki kusuo
He was stiff, laying perfectly still on his made-bed. A week had gone by and Saiki could still feel the small, crackling hole in his heart. The psychic had never fallen in love. Meaning he never had to confess any sort of feelings. Meaning he never had to experience the harsh reality of rejections.

+

"W-What?!" y/n's face ablaze in a deep blush. He was so close towards her, that she could feel his heavy breathing. It was clear he was nervous, but as someone who never really had emotions, it was hard to decipher what he felt himself. "What do you mean?!" y/n's eyes adverted to anywhere but his face. 'I'm sure you already understand what I mean.' Saiki tilted his head. "Did you not hear anything of what I said?!" She sputtered out, a sort of anger behind it. "I can't be in a relationship! It'll never work!" Shuffling back, she finally stood up, leaving the items on the floor.

"Saiki... I don't know where this is coming from but—" - 'You didn't use my first name, or Kuu-chan. Why didn't you use it.' Saiki interrupted, on his feet too. Even he was starting to sound mad. y/n was at a loss of words. She wasn't ready to be hit with such an abrupt confession. "I... I can't accept your confession, and you know that." Her voice trembled, her hands playing with each other. "I'm sorry Saiki." She bowed, quickly retrieving all of her items. 'Stop calling me that. Why are you using my last name now?' Saiki's eyes followed her actions, as she picked up her things, ready to leave.

"P-Please understand... I really just don't want to hurt you Saiki." Ready to exit through the door that she opened, Saiki quickly set it shut. She flinched, stepping back sightly. 'I told you to stop calling me that... I don't like it...' Even in his head, y/n could hear the hurt. 'I'll even let you call me Kuu-chan... Please just... Don't go.' His voice was desperate, and his eyes were losing hope.

Her throat was dry, mouth agape. She finally let her shoulders drop and relax. Saiki looked uncomfortable, fidgeting in his spot. "It won't work Kuu-chan..." Although it stung, Saiki felt some sort of relief to hear her use the stupid nickname. 'You don't know that.' He rebutted, lifting his items from the ground, into his hands. "You don't think I've tried to have a relationship before?" y/n muttered, her old memories resurfacing. 'But it'll be different with me. I swear.' He trudged his way over, watching as y/n stepped back to the wall.

"And how so." She crossed her arms, rolling her eyes. Even in moments like these, they always found a way to be feisty with each other. 'I'm like you. I have powers like you. It'll be easier for me to be with you!' He listed off. He didn't press her up against the wall like a cliché drama, but y/n felt suffocated. Her eyes dropped, taking time to process his words. 'I've never fallen in love. I've never felt like this. So please,' His chest rose up and down in a sporadic manner.

'let me win your heart!'

+

y/n l/n
Truth be told, the angel already found interest in Saiki. It'd be hard not to after countless adventures with the boy. But alas, she buried those feelings down, brushing them away with as much power as she could. It'd hurt to, but it would hurt even more when she would have to leave.

She kept herself busy with the many jobs she had, both working and the ones she did to help. They weren't avoiding each other, per se, but they both felt if they lessened their interaction, it wouldn't be as awkward. It only became destructive on both ends. Saiki, who was already emotionless, became gloomy, not wanting to go out to eat ramen with them. He even rejected going out to eat coffee jellies. y/n kept her smile, it was the most important thing to do after all. Though behind that smile, she missed her friend, even their little fights.