O39: 𝙎𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚!

YOU KNOW
YOU'RE GOOD !

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

y/n l/n
"You're welcome ma'am!" y/n waved at the same elderly lady she would see every morning by the convenience store closest to her apartment. "Stay safe!" The woman smiled back, slowly lifting her hand to wave. Dusting off her hands, y/n turned the other way,  'Well, that was a successful job well done!' She told herself. The task was simple really, the woman had just dropped her groceries and y/n was there to help. Though she had just finished with a task, y/n rarely got multiple in a row. So it was a shock to feel that she had another task right away.

Opening up her locket, it was a compass this time. 'Well, where off to next then?' She rhetorically asked herself, being careful of the area around her as she walked. Today was a quiet day, actually. With fewer tasks than usual, y/n didn't mind the rushed task she'd been given. Though, this task seemed to be a little more different than usual. 'Where is this taking me?'.

Her long walk had been interrupted by a few things; men and women adoring her as she walked by, quickly petting dogs, and a small boba break. 'And I'm still not there yet...' So long had past and yet the girl still wasn't there. 'I'll be out of town by then.' She yawned, speed walking now. Looking back and forth at the pocket watch and her step, the scenery started to change. The footpath had ended, making y/n walk through an alleyway between a few old homes. And the smell from the garbage bags lying around had started to make the space seem more claustrophobic. "Oh gross..." She squeaked, walking into her tippy-toes to avoid stepping on anything rotten.

It was starting to feel like a whole adventure now. From squeezing through shady alleyways, hiking up grassy hills, and crossing bridges. "Wait..." She started to look around, noticing how the area was much more secluded, and the area seemed more gloomy. "I'm still not even where I need to be yet." Her feet were starting to get sore, and she was getting tired of having to explore unknown places.

That was until she reached what seemed to be an extremely dangerous spot. "This has to be illegal." It was some sort of downward hill leading to a dam. She was blocked of by metal, wire gates and a sign saying 'DO NOT ENTER'. "No. No, no, no, no." She cried in exhaustion, pulling out her pocket watch. Clicking it open, it finally revealed that she was where she was supposed to be. "God, sometimes you're really testing me." She muttered, starting to climb over the gate. 'I wasn't dressed for this. I was dressed for a nice date with Kusuo. Not, whatever this is.' She started arguing to God in her mind, fingers curling around the wires whilst climbing.

"Ooft!" She grunted, jumping down from the top. 'Now what to do here...' She started listing off the possibilities, 'A water block? The water seems to be running just fine... Maybe someone dropped their ball down here, but it doesn't look like there's anything around. Yikes, seriously, no clues?' Annoyance was getting the best of her, but also the fear of getting caught. 'Maybe I should also think of  excuses if I'm caught.' She joked to herself, carefully walking down the hill towards the water.

"Woof!" - 'Oh, you've gotta be joking me.' Turning her head around, y/n tried her best to find the lone animal. "Hello! C'mere, where ever you are!" She began calling out, as quietly as she could. "Psst! Psst!" Her gentle calls were received with more barks and howls. "Come here good boy! Or good girl! Or- whatever you are!" She picked up her pace, running on her toes around. The litter, large branches and wet soil weren't the best combination to be running through. The sky was turning a grey-blue hue, notioning that time was passing by too quickly.

Finally, a white flash passed by. "Hey- Hey! C'mere! Psst!" She called out, sprinting forward. The dog stopped, now running towards her. "Yes! Yes, come here~!" She sang out with a giggle, arms reaching towards it. It was a Maltese dog, with a bright pink collar around it's neck. It was like a dramatic reunion, each other ready to jump into each other's arms. 'Looks like this task is complete!', "Let's get outta here cutie." She chuckled, holding the dog in both arms, carefully making her way back out.