Chapter 20 The Blood Python President's Poverty

Blood Python Guild President Mu Yang's eyes turned cold: "I'm not borrowing from you! I'm asking you if you have found any good prey recently?"

  "We also ordered our men to look for prey." Vice President Lai Mo explained, "But you also know that the Void True Gods in Huyang City are very cautious and don't reveal their treasures, so it's difficult to select suitable prey. In the past century, I slaughtered 122 Void True Gods and obtained a total of 1,800 cosmic sands. I will take 10%, and you, President, will take 90%. I gave it to you a long time ago."

  "In the last century, I have killed 132 prey and obtained a total of 1,200 cosmic sands. I have given you what I owe you." Vice President Mu Lin said, "We all signed a causal contract. We will not lie about these things."

  Mu Yang said coldly: "I want good prey! Not these poor prey!"

  The two vice presidents shook their heads.

  "We can't find good prey. The City Lord's Mansion has already set a bottom line." Vice President Lai Mo said, "The number of people who can be slaughtered in the city is very limited, and those Void True Gods are very cautious. Even if they get the treasure, they will not make it public."

  Vice President Mu Lin said worriedly, "President, you have made enough money since we established the Blood Python Society. I have never seen you so anxious in the past. Why are you getting more and more anxious recently?"

  He and the president are from the same ethnic group and drifted to Huyang City together. There are many things he can say that Vice President Lai Mo dare not say.

  "How is the housing fee collected?" asked the Blood Python President. "Has it increased?"

  "Most of the vast number of true gods in the city make a living by hunting exotic beasts. Every time they go out for adventure and make a fortune, they will return to the city to live peacefully. Except for occasional shopping, they usually stay in seclusion in the city. We can't collect any residence fees at all." Vice President Lai Mo shook his head.

  "Is there any overall growth?" Mu Yang asked.

  "No." Lai Mo shook his head, "It's probably even declining in this era."

  "A bunch of rubbish!"

  Mu Yang was furious. "The Blood Python Society has so many subordinates just to let them look for suitable prey in the city so that they can collect housing fees! If they can't find prey, the housing fees will also be reduced this century? What's the use of these rubbish? Those incompetent people, drive them out of the Blood Python Society!"

  The cost of raising a subordinate is also quite high. The subordinates also have to pay the City Lord's Mansion a residence fee of "one Chaos Crystal per century", plus the subordinates also need training resources. Therefore, the average cost of raising a True God-level subordinate is about 3 Chaos Crystals per century.

  The stronger the subordinates, the higher the cost of maintaining them!

  A huge dark force has high operating costs. After all, it is impossible to ask the Eternal True God to collect housing fees from a large number of residents, right?

  Finding fat sheep is not easy.

  "The City Lord's Mansion has rules. As long as the True Gods live in the caves, the City Lord's Mansion will guarantee their absolute safety. In many places in Huyang City, there are True Gods everywhere. If we take action, we will be discovered by other True Gods. Once there is solid evidence, the City Lord's Mansion must catch the murderer." Mu Lin shook his head. "The City Lord's Mansion uses various methods to ensure the safety of those residents, so it becomes difficult for us to collect housing fees."