Chapter 114 - Arguments *

Zale sighs again for the nth time. He and Dylan have been seeing Ervin and his group of mermen stay at the borders they set that divides the group of islands at the edge of the world from the sea of Varuna. Ervin has been pestering them, asking for permission to let Merrik enter the island to meet Asha. They have told them a lot of times that the guild master is not open for meeting with outsiders. They insisted on staying and won't go back to report to their king until they are granted consent.

He completely agrees now at Dylan's suggestion that Asha should rename the waters surrounding their territory to finalize the area that they need to protect from intruders. As long as the mermen calls it as an extension of the sea of Varuna, they wouldn't stop pestering them and try claiming the islands that they protect. Especially now that the largest island they have is attracting too much attention because of its unexpected prosperity. They plan to tell her after she came back from their mission.

They can't remember how many days have passed by but every time they pass this area to patrol, Ervin and his group still waits. Their arrogant faces can be seen as if mocking the crocodiles and dolphins that they are more superior than them and they should just concede and give their king permission to meet their guild master.

"Our king wants to meet the guild master who resides on the island. Give us permission or we will never go back. Our king told us so. If you want us gone, give us what we need."

One of the mermen said sarcastically.

"Do you all think we like staying here, floating listlessly? Why would we want to surround ourselves with sea beasts who are covered in ugly scales and those who believed can rival the beauty of our mermaids? If our king did not tell us to not leave here unless we get that permission, we would never stay."

Another merman even spits at the side as he looks at them disdainfully. Ervin is just observing with his chin up like he doesn't care.

"Ah, do not be that ruthless. Surrounding ourselves with ugly beast men like them only make our beauty and charm stand out."

The water ripples as all mermen laughed out loud.

Zale is almost at its limit and wanted to attack them all. Dylan's nerves can be seen bulging at the side of his neck as he tries to control his temper.

"It is clear that the guild master told the king's Old sister and her mates that the kingdom of Adira is not welcome here. Blame that Old Hag. Because of her, you are not getting that permission you are dying to get. I hope the sun dries you all up so you can all turn to dried fishes that we can eat!"

"Zale! We do not eat low quality food! Let us feast tonight with what the guild master has given us."

"Ahhh, since I have eaten savage giant's meat, I have been too picky with what food we should eat. I only eat good quality meat now. We can just use those dried fish as fertilizer for the plants the guild is growing."

Dylan pats Zale's shoulder, agreeing with him as he nods.

"That is right! They are smelly and deserves to be dug and placed underground so they can be useful to plants for a change. Savage giant's meat is making you more intelligent too Zale. I am so proud of you."

"Why does that sound so...? Is that a compliment or...."

"A compliment of course! It is a compliment!"

Ervin was about to cut their conversation when all of them heard and felt a hum coming from the island, making them all look at its direction. Waves are created continuously like the whole island that they want to enter is pulsating, like it has a life of its own. The mermen got alarmed as they watch. Ervin observed the crocodiles and dolphins but he was curious why they are all smiling proudly.