Chapter 115 - Family meeting *

"So that's what happened husband."

It's already midnight when their team arrived back home. The wolves all woke up and greeted them with sleepy but happy faces. Asha let them go back to sleep and told them that she will meet them in the morning for she have something for them to do. The sleepy wolves eagerly went back to their respective rooms and went back to bed.

The five are now huddled together around the fire pit in the sunken hearth at their living room, eating. The huge pot that is continuously simmering meat stew and the loud buzzing sound of cicadas outside their house are the only noise that can be heard while they are eating silently. Not only their mouths are busy, but their minds as well. This is the time they recall everything that happened to them and reflect on it.

Dumu sighs as he continuously rub his thumb on Asha's hand that he didn't let go since they got reunited. He couldn't eat properly for his mind is elsewhere, distracted. She starts feeding him when she noticed him stop eating while sitting on his lap. The other males are all seated cross-legged and watched the fire crackle as they finish their own food. They were all silent especially the husbands as they try to process what has really happened to them starting with the fox chief abducting their wife and knowing the owl beast's real identity. Dumu observes Shay who sits right across from him. The hawk beast's gentle gaze never left his wife. Since his wife is not really from the bird race, he is beginning to hate birds.

"Hawk beast...," Dumu calls him with a straight face.

"Yes?" He replies with a straight face too, not wanting to be intimidated by the snake beast in front of him.

"Since my wife gave permission for you to stay until the dead season ends, you can stay in one of the small houses connected to ours."

"He can stay at where I lived before, or that owl brat's since he is gone... or not? He might have some of his stuff left there...," Tarik scratched his head in dismay after putting down his empty wooden bowl.

"You can live in mine if you want since I will not be staying there anymore too," Theo said that caught Dumu's attention. Dumu looks at Tarik and Theo.

"We three need to talk later. But first, since this hawk beast will be trained here in our island, you have to adhere with the rules that must be followed during your stay. Do you agree?"

Shay nods, "yes."

"He will train with the other males first, husband. I need to know what he is capable of so I'll know what training suits him best," Asha looks at Shay. "Be prepared. And it doesn't mean that you are a freeloader during your stay here. You will help with work around the island, whoever needs it. Are we clear Shay?"

Shay nods and smiles at her, "of course. I will do what the guild master says."

Asha nods.

"I need to talk with the wolves, the capybaras, the crocodiles and the dolphins first thing in the morning. We all need our rest too. It took us longer than expected for me to complete the barrier. So much has happened. I want to experience some peace and quiet first before starting the day later."

All the males took that as a queue for Asha to get ready for bed.

"Come with me hawk beast. I will show you where you are going to stay."

Shay nods at Theo before both of them stood up and leave. Dumu carried his wife towards the bathroom while Tarik remained to cleanup. He let his wife take a soak at the huge tub after filling it up with water. He helped her bathe as he get in the tub and stayed behind her. Tarik joined them as he keeps the water warm. Theo went in too when he came back.