Chapter 92

Here we go again.

No words came out of my mouth. I swallowed the big lump. It was never easy to explain the things he didn't like. I know he will never believe me, even if I tell him the truth. His hate for Andrew is bigger than my truth. The muscles in his jaw twitched when I didn't answer him. His cold blue eyes moved on Andrew, who was still sitting there. It made him stand up from his seat to face him. 

“I’m here to see my friend and nothing else,” Andrew said, particularly to no one. He indirectly answered Erick's question. His glares intensified, and his nose flared. 

“I should take my leave. Thank you for the food,” he said, buttoning his blazer. He turned his face and flashed me a smile. I was forced to smile back at him and, at the same time, swallow hard. Without saying another word, he walked away, passing by Erick. Erick didn't move from his place, so Andrew had to slip out from the side. Erick kept looking at me with his cold blue eyes. I could see the whiff's anger slowly turning into a storm. I kept quiet, not knowing what to explain to him. Whatever I said, he wouldn't believe me, but I could still feel his eyes expecting an answer from me. The more I stayed silent, the more the storm turned bigger. He glared at me. He turned around and started to walk away. I stayed still in my place, not knowing what I should do. Should I go behind him or act like nothing happened? I wanted to act like nothing happened, but my heart felt uneasy as soon as he left, and I just couldn't bear the uneasiness. I just can't stand the gaze he gave me before walking away. I just couldn't. Without thinking much, I ran behind him. He was already out of the office. I looked left and right in the corridors, but he was nowhere to be found. How fast he walks vanished into thin air just like that. I saw the elevator going down. I will be too late if I wait for it to come up again. I took the stairs to catch him before he once again zoomed out of there in anger. I reached down, huffing and panting, only to find his car rushing out of the parking lot. He drives out so fast as if it were a racing car. I kept standing there with that uneasy feeling still in my heart. I had not even brought my cell phone with me. I had no choice but to go back to the office. 

“Where were you, and why does it look like you have run miles?” Aria said this when she saw me entering the office with slumped shoulders. “Erick was here,” I told her, and her eyes widened in realisation. 

“Andrew was in your office,” she said while still looking at me with her wide eyes. I nodded and walked to my office. She followed me. I slumped in my seat, and she took the front seat. I picked up my cell phone and called him, but he was not picking it up. 

“Like always, he misunderstood everything,” I said while massaging my template. I called him again, and this time it went to voicemail. He has switched off his cell phone. I threw my cell phone on the desk and threw my head back. 

“Not picking up the call?” she asked, and I nodded my head with my eyes still closed. 

“Why does he even hate Andrew so much? What is the problem between both of them?” Aria asked with her brows furrowed. She does know about the ugly fight that happened on my 18th birthday. But even after that, something happened between them. Something very ugly. I asked Andrew about it, knowing Erick would never tell me, but he didn't answer me. Something has happened between them that has made Erick hate him even more. 

“Even I don't know. They both refuse to tell me.” I answered her this time, grabbing my cell phone again. He drives out of here in anger, and when he is angry, I know how rashly he drives a car. What if he did something stupid? That thought was constantly making me feel even more anxious. 

“Do you have his secretary's number?” I asked Aria. If he won't pick up my call, then I will call his secretary. I want to know if he has reached back safely. 

“I don't have it, but I think Alice has it. She contacted him through his secretary,” she said, picking up her cell phone. She was already going through her cell phone. 

“I will ask her to immediately forward you the number,” she said while putting her cell phone in her ear. I gave a small nod and then once again closed my eyes. The throbbing in my head was increasing every second. She asked Alice to send his number. As soon as my cell phone rang with a message, I picked it up and called his secretary. 

“Is Erick there?” I asked him immediately. He probably recognised my voice or already had my number because he didn't cut my call and chose to answer me after my hasty question. 

“No, I contacted him a few minutes ago, and he told me he wouldn't be coming to the office for the rest of the day,” he answered calmly, making me raise my eyebrows. He has time to pick up his calls, but not mine. 

“Why? Where did he go? Did he tell you anything?” I questioned him again. I was still feeling so restless from inside. 

"No, ma'am,” he answered calmly. 

“Why didn't you ask him?" I asked, still feeling so restless. 

“I'm not supposed to question my boss. He pays me only to follow his commands,” he said calmly, making me bite my lower lip and close my eyes in irritation. I took a few deep breaths. I was feeling even more irritated by his replies. I don't know if it was my changing hormones or my burning anger. I took a few more deep breaths. 

“Call me if he contacts you,” I said this a little calmly before cutting the call. 

"Yes, ma'am,” he said before I cut the call. Aria raised her brows to let me know, and I moved my head. She understood my situation. She left my office after some time. The rest of the day, I tried to distract myself with my work, but I just couldn't concentrate. I left early for his place. I know he will not be there, but I was still hoping to see him. I checked his office, and it was empty. 

“Fergus, Fergus,” I called his name while climbing down the stairs. 

“Yes,” he said, walking out of the kitchen as soon as I called him. 

“Do you need anything?” he asked while looking at me with his inexpressive eyes. 

“Do you know where Erick is?” I questioned him directly as soon as I climbed down the last stair. 

"No,” he answered, his eyes still looking at me without any expression in them. 

“Call him and ask where he is,” I told him, and without questioning, he took out his cell phone and called him. I waited patiently. 

“Master is not picking up the call,” he said, and then called again, but he still didn't pick up his call. I exhaled through my nose and turned around to walk away. 

“Should I serve dinner?” he asked me when he saw me walking away. 

"No, I'm not hungry," I said, even though I was flemish. I had not even eaten my half-lunch when Erick showed up at my office. 

“But the master has told us to give you your dinner on time,'' he said, making me grit my teeth.

“I'm not hungry, Fergus,” I said sternly, and I went to the bedroom. I once again decided to call him. I just don't get this man. I called him again and again, but he wouldn't pick it up. I threw my cell phone on the bed in frustration. 

I just don't know what he is up to.

Guys if you want to keep reading this book for free follow me here and on Instagram.
_______________________________________
A/N
Hey guys update for you all.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.
Read up to chapter 137 exclusive on patreon.
The Nuptials of Convenience up to chapter 93.
Vote, comment, and share.