Chapter 2

Luo Qingci had been sitting on the bed for a long time, trying to process her situation.

During her unconscious state, the so-called divine messenger system had once again emphasized her mission: to obediently play the role of a proper, stoic master, care for the protagonist, torment—no, refine the protagonist, help her become the new Dragon King, and prevent her from turning evil and destroying the world.

But every sentence seemed contradictory.

Luo Qingci clearly remembered that the original book had a bad ending. The protagonist and male lead's racial conflicts were irreconcilable, and after repeated betrayals, they completely fell out. Despondent, the protagonist turned completely dark, sparing neither humans nor dragons, effectively bringing about the end of the world.

Thinking of the protagonist's sickly and crazed state later in the story, Luo Qingci couldn't help but shudder.

She was just an ordinary person from a modern world, living a normal life. How could she possibly turn the tide in this fantasy world where the strong dominate and the weak are prey?

Even worse, Luo Qingci initially thought the divine messenger in her body would be a cheat, like a typical system in transmigration stories. But it told her that it would only remind her of key plot points and restrict her actions. In other words, everything from now on would depend on her alone.

"So what's the point of your existence? New employees usually get some training. You just threw me in here to fend for myself? Are you sure this mission is so important? Because it seems like you don't care whether I succeed or not," Luo Qingci mentally complained to the system.

"Helping you adapt to this world. I care," the system answered mechanically.

Hearing this, Luo Qingci felt somewhat reassured. After all, it had indeed done her a favor. During her unconscious state, it had helped her fully integrate with this body.

Although it hadn't provided her with all of the original host's memories, it had given her enough to understand those around her.

Most importantly, she could now directly use the original host's outstanding cultivation after waking up, although somewhat clumsily.

In the cultivation world, cultivation was everything; without it, she could hardly accomplish anything.

"At critical moments, I will appear again. Take care of yourself." After saying this, the interface flashed and went black, disappearing without a trace.

Luo Qingci felt a pang in her heart—this meant she was left on her own.

"Take care of yourself" really implied she had to manage on her own.

Just then, a knock came at the door. "Qingci, it's me, the senior brother."

Immediately, the image of a person appeared in Luo Qingci's mind—Guzhichao, the master of the Tianyan Sect, who was also the original host's senior brother.

Upon hearing this, Luo Qingci hurriedly sat cross-legged on the bed, subconsciously about to speak and let the person in, but no words came out.

Indeed, this was another favor from the system.

In the original story, Luo Qingci practiced the Emotionless Path, having a naturally cold demeanor and being extremely reserved with her words. She was known for her brevity.

If she could avoid speaking, she would. If she could convey something in one word, she would not use two.

She was like a telegram that had become sentient.