Chapter 39

"System, has Ah Li and the male lead had any interactions recently? Have they exchanged any words? Is there any sign of anything happening?" Luo Qingci was extremely anxious.

Her biggest worry now was that the male lead might take advantage of her seclusion to approach her little dragon cub. She couldn't help but regret not teaching her more about staying away from men.

The system was at a loss for words. "Rest assured, your obedient disciple hasn't said a single word to the male lead." Not only had she not spoken, but her darkening aura had suddenly surged, which was quite... strange.

The system looked at Luo Qingci, realizing it couldn't inform her of this yet and had no idea what exactly was going wrong.

"The priority is to focus on your seclusion and healing. Otherwise, if he really does take advantage of the situation, you won't be able to get involved."

Luo Qingci felt an unprecedented sense of crisis, prompting her to fold another thousand-paper crane to "advise" her disciple.

"Maintain a clear mind, do not be swayed by worldly desires."

After some consideration, she completed the paper crane, pricking her fingertip to drop a drop of blood onto its eyes, and closed her eyes to infuse it with a trace of divine sense.

"You are still injured, taking blood and infusing divine sense, enduring your own suffering."

Luo Qingci's face visibly paled, and she weakly said, "It's not my fault. If you had been more helpful, I wouldn't be in this situation. Nangong Jue is the greatest calamity in her life. If it weren't for her, Ruan Li would only be in a never-ending conflict with the cultivation world; she would never be desperate enough to destroy the world. Hatred can destroy a person, but love can lead to eternal suffering. As a system, you likely can't comprehend the terror of being consumed by love."

The system hesitated before finally saying, "Focus on your seclusion, I will help you heal and get out as soon as possible."

Luo Qingci's heart moved again at the strange tone, finding this divine messenger truly peculiar. She didn't reveal her thoughts but spread her hand and infused spiritual power into the paper crane.

Soon, a flash of spiritual light vanished, and the paper crane tilted its head to look at its body before fluttering away.

While flying on a sword, Ruan Li kept her eyes ahead but suddenly caught a glimpse of the paper crane desperately flapping its wings behind her.

She was startled. "Master?"

Her mind immediately shifted to the paper crane, causing her flying sword to slow down.

As the thousand-paper crane caught up, it slowed down and gently landed on Ruan Li's raised index finger. Seemingly exhausted, it even lowered its head, panting, with one wing tapping its chest, looking excessively frightened.

After this series of actions, it finally raised its head to look at Ruan Li and flapped its wings.

The paper crane's anthropomorphic actions surprised Ruan Li, making her smile and reach out to pat its head.

The paper crane, patted on the head, even pulled back its head and pecked Ruan Li's hand.

"Ah Li, why have you slowed down?" Su Yu noticed Ruan Li had slowed down and looked back, seeing the paper crane in her hand and the smile on her face.

"Did Master send another message through the paper crane?" she asked, noticing the crane looked different from before.

Ruan Li lifted her hand to examine it. "It has been given spiritual eyes, very perceptive."