Chapter 8

Just as Luo Qingci shouted out, a dark shadow quickly swam toward the dragon cub and dragon koi from underwater.

The shadow moved swiftly, its approach fierce like a sharp sword, cleaving the water as it passed.

Luo Qingci's heart skipped a beat, her mind going blank for a moment. She raised her hand and instinctively performed a spell.

Spiritual energy, wrapped in a chilling aura, shot out in an instant.

As the spiritual energy reached its target, the shadow broke through the water, creating a massive splash that blocked out the sun.

The dark body emerged from the water, about four or five meters long, its enormous head displaying fierce, vertical pupils.

Without pausing, it turned its head and opened its mouth, aiming to bite the dragon koi and the dragon cub.

At the critical moment, Luo Qingci's spiritual energy arrived, transforming into an ice blade that shot toward the shadow's head.

The attack was powerful. The black snake, not daring to confront it head-on, had to abandon its meal and twisted away to avoid the strike.

However, a blood streak appeared above its eyes, and the blood began to spread.

It cast a quick glance at Luo Qingci, its cold eyes revealing a hint of fear. But when it looked back at the dragon cub, its gaze turned greedy.

There was actually a young dragon here.

Luo Qingci never anticipated encountering such a situation.

She wanted to rush over and quickly take the dragon cub away, but as soon as she lifted her foot, she felt dizzy.

This damned condition.

As she was anxiously burning with worry, the dragon cub, which had nearly become a snake's snack, suddenly spiraled into the air above the giant snake and roared angrily.

This dragon roar, though still youthful and somewhat childish, carried an innate kingly aura.

The giant snake involuntarily recoiled a step.

Though Luo Qingci was surprised, she quickly made a decision.

This snake could not be allowed to live; otherwise, the dragon cub would never have peace.

In the next moment, she summoned her spiritual energy, which whirled and gathered into wind beneath her feet.

She gritted her teeth and muttered, "If I'm going to die, I'm going to die. I can't keep living like this."

With that, she shot forward, carried by the wind.

"Ah! I... Mom... I'm seeing ghosts. What did I do wrong? They gave me a bunch of theories but no practical experience, pushing me into the water like a duck. I'm really scared of heights! This isn't human!"

Luo Qingci, who knew nothing about the speed of the Spirit Severing stage, had her courage shattered by this rush. She let out a short, sharp scream.

Fortunately, the idol image she had been maintaining for days made her instinctively swallow the scream.

She was fast, but she stumbled and flapped about like a chicken that had not learned to fly. In her nervousness, she couldn't keep her mouth shut.

She focused all her will on controlling her voice, avoiding any loud outbursts, though her mouth was still full of complaints.

The last few sentences were clearly heard by both the dragon cub and the giant snake.

Both the large and small creatures were stunned.