Chapter 54

Su Yu and Huaxu Wan exchanged a glance, feeling a bit amused. Whether it was because of the heat was unclear, but the shyness was apparent.

Since Luo Qingci was feeling better, Su Yu and the others were relieved.

Although they had only met by chance, Senior Chi had saved them twice. Strangely enough, even though they had only spent two days together and were not that familiar, Su Yu felt an inexplicable closeness to her.

Thus, for emotional and logical reasons, they all hoped Luo Qingci would be safe and sound.

Su Yu asked Huaxu Wan and Bai Jing to rest, while she hesitated for a moment before knocking on Ruan Li's door. There was something she wanted to ask her.

After Ruan Li left, Luo Qingci was still a bit dazed. This time, the cold illness had come on fiercely, catching her off guard. Luckily, Ruan Li had been there; otherwise, who knows how much more she would have suffered.

Just then, the system had shown her the favorability screen. During her coma, there had been a series of +1s and +0.1s. She counted 10 full points and 8 fractions, neatly rounded off. The strangest thing was a glaring -2. What had she done to make the little dragon cub deduct 2 points in anger?

She was pondering this when Cheng Su entered.

Seeing Luo Qingci sitting by the bed in good spirits, Cheng Su sighed in relief. "Are you really feeling better?"

Luo Qingci looked up at her. "Yes, I'm fine now. Thank you."

Cheng Su frowned slightly. "Since when are you so polite with me? Besides, I didn't even do much to help. You've been missing for years, and when you finally appear, it's with a relapse of your old illness. You scared me half to death."

She still looked somewhat shaken by the memory.

Luo Qingci gave a bitter smile. "I can't help it. This body of mine is truly unreliable."

Cheng Su sighed. "Your cold illness is truly strange. Even a flaming crystal stone couldn't help. Have you thought about how to treat it? It can't go on like this." Thinking of Luo Qingci's condition earlier, Cheng Su's face was full of concern. She couldn't stand being near her when she was like that, let alone imagine how Luo Qingci managed to endure it.

Luo Qingci was also troubled by this. In the past, when she was in Tianyan Sect, she rarely used her spiritual power and never fought with dragons, so the flare-ups weren't as bad. But now, the illness was worsening.

But then... she thought of Ruan Li.

Meanwhile, Cheng Su, unable to suppress her curiosity, asked Luo Qingci, "But how did that little girl manage to suppress the cold poison when even the flaming crystal stone couldn't? How did she do it?"

Luo Qingci was startled, almost forgetting about this. Thankfully, they hadn't gone to Nan Gongjue's contact point at Chongxu Sect. Otherwise, Ruan Li would have definitely drawn attention.

Cheng Su was her friend, and she trusted her, but Ruan Li's dragon identity was too risky to reveal. So, after some thought, Luo Qingci carefully replied, "She has a fire spirit root. Her spiritual power is extremely pure and yang-based. Moreover, the cultivation method she practices is very special and works wonders for my illness."

Afterward, she looked at Cheng Su seriously. "Cheng Su, Ruan Li's background is complicated. Her cultivation method could easily cause trouble, so you mustn't let anyone know about the uniqueness of her spiritual power—not even the people who came with her. If it weren't to help me, she wouldn't have revealed it at all. So if anyone else notices something, you must keep it secret."