Chapter 91

Luo Qingci's heart felt like it was teetering on the edge of a deep abyss, but the situation was even more dire now. The shadow moved fiercely; after being blocked by her spiritual sword, it immediately retreated and then launched another attack on Ruan Li.

At this point, Ruan Li seemed to have lost all rationality, unable to distinguish friend from foe. The fierce sword energy from Qingyuan shattered the spiritual force of the Dragon Slaying Sacred Tree and then slashed across Luo Qingci, enveloping her in the attack.

Luo Qingci leaped and flipped to avoid the attack, and her sword precisely thrust out again, forcing the black mist to retreat.

Suspended in mid-air with spiritual energy swirling around her like a cloud, she looked down at Ruan Li with a furrowed brow. "Ruan Li, hold your breath and concentrate, don't lose your composure!"

Luo Qingci's voice was cold and stern, like a beam of light cutting through the fog, piercing through the storm and darkness into Ruan Li's mind. The crimson in Ruan Li's eyes momentarily solidified, and her previously fierce expression softened a bit as she muttered, "Master?"

Luo Qingci saw it clearly and immediately sent a surge of spiritual energy from her right hand directly at the persistent black mist. With her left hand, she formed a rope-like stream of spiritual energy and directed it towards Ruan Li's forehead to help stabilize the precarious seal inside her.

If the seal were to break and that entity were released, it would be even more dangerous than before.

After all, once sealed, the entity would no longer coexist peacefully with Ruan Li. If Ruan Li lost her sanity, the situation would be even more troublesome.

The malevolent spirit had already destroyed the recording insects and shattered the paper figurines without regard for Ruan Li's safety. It seemed to have no intention of allowing Ruan Li to be safe, and once it regained control of her body, who knew what it would do in the Heavenly Yan Sect.

Luo Qingci couldn't understand why the seal within Ruan Li was loosening.

The seal within Ruan Li was a secret technique provided by the system, using her original spiritual energy as a guide and reinforcing it with divine soul energy. Without special external interference, it shouldn't be failing now.

Moreover, if the seal did break, she herself would be subjected to backlash, making the situation even worse.

"System, what is that malevolent shadow? It's so fierce and relentless towards Ruan Li," she asked, feeling that the problem lay with that entity.

Although Ruan Li was being punished at the Reflective Cliff and was facing the wall, she frequently chatted and kept her company. Luo Qingci could sense that Ruan Li's emotions were stable and she wouldn't have actively attacked the seal, so there must be a formidable force influencing her.

What was even stranger was that Luo Qingci was certain that the original plot did not mention such a thing at the Reflective Cliff. It seemed to be an evil entity similar to the Celestial Demon Eye.

The system locked onto the black mist and, after a moment of silence, said gravely, "That is a Heart Demon."

"Heart Demon?" Luo Qingci frowned, somewhat surprised.

"Path cultivation involves introspection. Among thousands of cultivators, some individuals have overly heavy obsessions and dark thoughts that they cannot resolve. Over time, these lead to the birth of a Heart Demon, which becomes a significant obstacle to their cultivation. If the person finds a way or is powerful enough, they can forcibly separate their Heart Demon and regain peace. You could also call it a malevolent thought, but while malevolent thoughts are unconscious, a Heart Demon can be said to have been cultivated into a demon."