Chapter 36

Gu Zhaochao and the others furrowed their brows after hearing what was said.

Luo Qingci knew the situation well and didn't want them to focus too much on it, so she spoke up, "There is purple sandalwood here, and the matter of the quxu bird still needs investigation. The Sect Leader should handle that first."

Gu Zhaochao understood the priorities. After glancing at Jiang Yuebai, he and Qin Jian returned to the main peak.

Supporting Luo Qingci back to her room, Jiang Yuebai twirled her right hand, and several silver needles appeared, which she then flicked into Luo Qingci's major acupuncture points.

Luo Qingci frowned deeply, her pale face flushing with an unusual red hue. The silver needles trembled constantly as spiritual energy condensed and swirled around her.

Jiang Yuebai's expression darkened. With a flick of her sleeve, several transparent silver threads shot out, wrapping around the needles. She placed her left hand on the threads, channeling spiritual energy through them into the needles, matching the chaotic spiritual energy within Luo Qingci.

They were locked in a stalemate for several breaths. Suddenly, Luo Qingci groaned and spat out a mouthful of unnaturally red blood. The silver needles flew out of her body, heading straight for Jiang Yuebai.

Jiang Yuebai swiftly retracted the silver threads, spun gracefully, and avoided the needles, then collected them back into her sleeve.

Luo Qingci supported herself on the bed, glancing at Jiang Yuebai. Seeing she was unharmed, she lowered her head and gasped for breath.

Jiang Yuebai's expression was grave. "What started as a simple case of reversed spiritual energy due to training—something you could have easily recovered from with some rest and elixirs—has turned into a mess because you forced your energy despite not being fully recovered. Your spiritual energy is now in complete disarray, and your meridians are damaged. It's truly troublesome. I advise you not to use your spiritual energy until you've fully healed."

She frowned again and added, "I mentioned that something was off with your body, but I wasn't referring to this. I meant the restriction and the cold poison. I can't decipher what this restriction is exactly, but it's clearly getting worse. Have you had more frequent episodes?"

Luo Qingci nodded. "It flares up every few months. It's painful, but nothing too serious. Recently, there were two severe episodes where I coughed up blood, but I managed to get through them. Is it a problem?"

Jiang Yuebai drew in a sharp breath. Even though she usually wasn't fond of Luo Qingci, she couldn't help but feel pity. This person must have cultivated the path of emotionlessness for so long that she's become indifferent not only to others but also to herself. What does she mean by 'it gets better after enduring it'?

Though Jiang Yuebai didn't know exactly what it was, the severity of it was clear.

After a moment of silence, she shook her head and said, "Honestly, I don't know. But it's deep in your dantian and seems to be spreading to your meridians. My biggest worry is that as your cultivation increases, it will burrow into your bones, and even the slightest use of spiritual energy could trigger it."

Luo Qingci lowered her eyelids and inwardly asked the system, "Is what she's saying true? Why wasn't this mentioned in the original story?"

"You probably forgot that Luo Qingci's deep hatred for the dragon clan partly stems from this."

Luo Qingci tightened her lips. She looked up at Jiang Yuebai, who met her gaze with sympathy, making her heart turn cold.

"Will it take my life?"