Chapter 188

Ruan Li's identity was extremely unique. As a princess of the Dragon Clan and the next Dragon King, she was also a disciple of the Tianyan Sect and a sister to Su Yu.

Her experiences were particularly special; not only was her appearance striking, but her cultivation was also exceptional. Whenever a disciple joined the Tianyan Sect and underwent the Heavenly Stage Test, they would learn that Ruan Li had once stood at the 923rd step. Though she was a dragon, she became another legend in the Tianyan Sect after Luo Qingci.

After Luo Qingci's death, Su Yu worried that Ruan Li might have trouble on her own and didn't want her to wallow in grief. She asked Ruan Li to teach the young disciples whenever she was free.

Among the elders who taught, the young yet outstanding Ruan Li was naturally the most popular. Her morning classes were always packed.

People are naturally curious, especially the young. Thus, the story of Ruan Li and the other legend of the Tianyan Sect, Huai Zhu Xianjun, was a favorite topic of discussion and a source of regret for them.

Soon, news about Ruan Li bringing back a disciple who resembled Luo Qingci spread throughout the Tianyan Sect like wildfire.

Su Yu was constantly on edge and kept asking if Ruan Li had returned. Ruan Li had never been away for such a long time before. Even if she went to Fufeng, she would always return the same day to accompany her master, never staying away for a full day and night.

So, when she heard that Ruan Li was back, she immediately stopped what she was doing and went to Ze Courtyard.

Before entering, Su Yu called out, "A Li."

"A Li, why are you only back now..." Her words halted abruptly as soon as she entered the Hanlu Courtyard. She saw Ruan Li standing there in white clothes, and someone in a familiar light purple dress with their back turned to her.

At that moment, Luo Qingci was standing under the Dragon Yao Mei tree, looking at the bare plum tree among all the blooming plum blossoms in the courtyard. Hearing the commotion, she and Ruan Li both turned around.

Su Yu, already stunned by her silhouette, felt her pupils tighten and her whole body went into a daze. She took two uncontrollable steps forward and murmured, "Master?"

However, after taking a few more steps, she froze again, carefully observing Luo Qingci. A glimmer of light in her eyes suddenly vanished, replaced by a hint of sorrow, making her eyes redden.

She quickly averted her gaze, steadied herself, and returned to her usual calm and composed demeanor, although her voice trembled slightly, betraying her current emotions.

"Why did you return only now? Did something happen?" She focused her gaze entirely on Ruan Li, her glance briefly falling on Luo Qingci before retracting, "And who is this young girl?"

Luo Qingci and Ruan Li could clearly see Su Yu's reaction. Luo Qingci felt a pang in her heart. Seeing the plum blossoms in full bloom made her recall the time when Su Yu had cried in front of her, lamenting that the plums in Ze Courtyard were ruined. It was a poignant memory that brought tears to her eyes.

Now seeing Su Yu's reaction, her eyes ached with pain. Her departure not only saddened Ruan Li but surely devastated Su Yu as well. However, at this moment, she could not lay everything bare and could only gesture for Ruan Li to speak.

Ruan Li also felt a twinge of pain but was helpless. She glanced at Luo Qingci and spoke, "We were delayed by some matters on the way back, which made my senior sister worry. This young girl is someone I met during my trip. After calculating, I found that there is a fated teacher-student connection between us. She had no one to rely on, so I decided to take her as my disciple and brought her back to the Tianyan Sect."