Chapter 83

Gu Zhaochao was somewhat surprised to see Luo Qingci approach, but he quickly understood her intention.

He glanced at Yunhua Sanren, his eyes slightly darkened, and then he and Meng Si began to search Ruan Li's body with focused attention.

For Ruan Li, having the spiritual power and divine sense of three powerful cultivators invading her body simultaneously was a tremendous burden. The suppression of their higher levels naturally induced fear in her, making her body instinctively reject the intrusion.

Particularly in critical areas such as her dantian (energy center) and sea of consciousness, it was as if her life was being placed in the hands of others.

Everyone present was tense, especially Jiang Yuebai and the others, who were terrified that something might go wrong.

Luo Qingci was well aware of the risks. If Yunhua Sanren chose to ignore the situation and used the search for demonic energy as an excuse to harm Ruan Li, with his cultivation level, he could kill her in an instant. Therefore, she didn't trust Gu Zhaochao and insisted on intervening herself.

Yunhua Sanren sneered inwardly. His eyes, aged and weathered by time, concealed a cunning nature that came from years of hardship and scheming.

His eyebrows were noticeably longer than most people's, and at the peaks, the thick and sharp hairs protruded, giving him an intense and formidable appearance. His drooping eyebrows seemed to mask his thoughts.

Having endured many trials to reach his position as sect leader, Yunhua Sanren valued his disciples, Lueyun and Xifeng, above all else. Regardless of what Lueyun had done, Ruan Li had killed him, and for that, he would never forgive her.

He had already understood Luo Qingci's stance—he never expected someone like her to defend her disciple so fiercely. Clearly, Tianjizi hadn't gone far enough.

A sword, born for killing, should never protect anyone other than its master. How absurd!

He kept a somber expression as he raised his eyelids, glancing at Luo Qingci, who was standing protectively in front of Ruan Li.

No matter how talented she was, she was still too young. Eventually, she would be manipulated by others.

Before long, the three had searched through Ruan Li's meridians without finding any traces of demonic energy, except for some residual demonic energy that had previously entered her body, which Gu Zhaochao swiftly eliminated.

He opened his eyes and glanced at Meng Si and Yunhua Sanren. "There's nothing unusual. She can't withstand the spiritual power of the three of us, so let's stop."

Meng Si nodded, and Yunhua Sanren remained silent, so Gu Zhaochao and Meng Si withdrew their power.

But at the moment the two withdrew, Yunhua Sanren's expression turned sharp. His eyes darkened, and he shouted, "I knew you were hiding! Get out here!"

Luo Qingci's eyes abruptly lifted, and her left hand instantly gathered a cold aura, pressing it against Ruan Li's abdomen to suppress her resistance. In an instant, a powerful force erupted from the three of them, shaking the surroundings.

The crowd that had been watching quickly turned their heads away, stumbling back several steps.

Even Gu Zhaochao and Meng Si were pushed back a step.

Luo Qingci's spiritual power surged forth, creating a turbulent stream that entered Ruan Li's body, blocking Yunhua Sanren's two powerful spiritual energies that were attacking Ruan Li's sea of consciousness and dantian.