Chapter 122

Hearing Luo Qingci's words, Tianjizi's pupils contracted for a brief moment. Seeing Luo Qingci raise her hand and her spiritual sword suddenly split into eight, surrounding her, a flash of ecstasy appeared on his face. "You've actually broken through to the eighth level, the eighth level!"

But that joy quickly turned into intense anger. Tianjizi slowly raised his right hand, and instantly, the sky above Tianyan Sect's main peak darkened as storm clouds gathered. A surge of spiritual energy flowed from the heavens, enveloping the black clouds mixed with flashes of lightning and thunder. In Tianjizi's palm, thick black energy formed into a constantly churning ball of spiritual power.

Tianjizi's white hair billowed in the wind, his eyes filled with malice as he stared at Luo Qingci. "I raised you, and I can destroy you! Since you're so stubborn, I'll send you to join her!"

As soon as he finished speaking, Tianjizi brought his hands together. The swirling ball of energy split in two, crackling with lightning between his palms. He swung his right hand down, sending the energy, like a lightning-wrapped dragon, rushing straight at Luo Qingci.

Luo Qingci sidestepped, her body twisting in the air as she narrowly avoided the spiritual energy, the eight swords swirling around her keeping close as they followed her every move.

Once steady, Luo Qingci kicked the main sword with her toe, sending it shooting towards Tianjizi. The remaining seven swords followed in quick succession, moving faster and faster, merging into the main sword. The blade's icy blue light flared like fire, tearing through the air and heading straight for Tianjizi.

Tianjizi leaned back, raising his hand to block. His spiritual energy formed a curved shield, stopping the sword's tip just in front of him.

The blue flames carried no heat, only a cold, murderous intent.

Tianjizi could feel the icy chill on his face, as cold as glacial ice.

Just as the sword struck, Luo Qingci followed closely behind. As her hands crossed, a blue spiritual light enveloped her entire body.

With quick hand seals, she extended two fingers from her right hand, pointing downward. Instantly, a stream of water like a rope coiled around the long sword. When her left hand pressed down, the water surged like a flood, unstoppable.

The physical sword grew larger suddenly, its aura sharper. Tianjizi staggered back three steps, his body weighed down, and the ground beneath his feet shattered as his legs sank a foot deep into the earth.

He bowed his head briefly in silent rage, then suddenly lifted it, his gaze sharp as knives as he looked at Luo Qingci. "You are indeed a fine disciple of mine!"

"That's because my master taught me well," Luo Qingci calmly replied.

With a roar, Tianjizi slammed his left hand down on the sword, cutting off the flow of water Luo Qingci had infused. He leapt into the air and unleashed three bursts of spiritual energy, black with sinister energy, heading straight for Luo Qingci.

Using the force from Tianjizi's blow, Luo Qingci quickly retreated, dodging the three approaching spiritual energy orbs and catching up with her sword.

The onlookers saw only a flash of white as Luo Qingci, along with her icy blue sword, seemed to merge into one, indistinguishable from each other.

Tianjizi, in his gray robes, clashed fiercely with Luo Qingci in the sky, their battle unrelenting.

The ice-blue sword energy rained down in nine consecutive strikes, covering the ground in frost, leaving the crowd watching in terror.