Chapter 125

Her memories were filled with Ruan Li's negative emotions. She never knew who her mother was and had no chance to even glance at her father, who had protected her for hundreds of years.

She was alone in her quest for revenge, but met with unworthy people and faced numerous betrayals. In the end, her most hated and detested master turned out to be the only person in the world who had treated her with pure and genuine kindness.

Yet, such a person remained in her memory as cold and unfeeling, committing suicide and having her仙骨 (immortal bones) ground to dust by her.

"Ah—" The malevolent thought could no longer endure such a destructive pain and screamed.

Finally, it let out a dragon's roar of extreme agony. The lonely and shattered sound echoed through the cave, startling a flock of white cranes outside.

After an unknown amount of time, the malevolent thought finally calmed down. It whispered, "You know, when I found you, I genuinely wanted to prevent you from making the same mistakes. At first, I thought you were beyond redemption, foolishly devoted despite knowing how treacherous humans are. I darkly imagined that Chiqing would eventually treat you like that Nangong Jue, completely destroying your world. But she really is different—so gentle, so caring, to the point where it made me suspicious of her intentions. Yet, she repeatedly risked her life to protect you, making me even more unwilling to accept it. Clearly, she's just a person, so why do you have Chiqing while I only have the detestable Luo Qingci?"

"On the day her identity was revealed, I was overjoyed, realizing that you, too, had only Luo Qingci. You'd end up paying the same price as I did. But your master was entirely different from mine. She knew your identity, yet, whether as Luo Qingci or Chiqing, she protected and cherished you. She even defied her master's orders for you, showing feigned obedience, causing my complete downfall."

The malevolent thought sniffled softly and then laughed, "I'm so envious, so envious. I'd kill her if I could, just to make you experience the same suffering I did. So I refused to give up. I wanted to take your body to see how she would react if it was me, Ruan Li, in her place!"

After speaking, it gasped for breath and cried, "I have to admit, she is indeed lovable. The more lovable she is, the more unwilling I am to accept it. You are not me, and I am not you."

It then stared blankly at Luo Qingci for a long, long time, until the last glimmer of light was swallowed by darkness.

Only the dragon flames flickered, casting a dim light.

In the dark cave, a flickering flame barely illuminated Luo Qingci's face and Ruan Li's figure. She spoke again, "Ruan Li, she is yours now. She is Luo Qingci, but she is no longer Luo Qingci. My master is gone."

"What... what are you going to do?" A suddenly softened voice came from Ruan Li.

"I was born from obsession. Now that I am at peace, it's time for me to leave. Unfortunately, I have no soul or spirit, and cannot enter reincarnation. I will never see her again, nor can I let the original Ruan Li know that her master was also such a gentle person. Nor can I tell Luo Qingci that it was not her fault."

Ruan Li clearly felt the pressure from the malevolent thought ease considerably, but the malice in her heart grew heavier. She felt something was also fading, causing her some anxiety.

"Before I change my mind, take back your body. But I warn you, whether you can withstand this demonic energy depends entirely on your own fortune. If you cannot endure it, your master will meet a dead end." The malevolent thought's obsession dissipated, feeling utterly indifferent. Whether as Ruan Li or as a malevolent thought, she was confused.