Chapter 131

Since the system dropped such a heavy bombshell, Luo Qingci's mood had been unsettled for a long time. The mere thought of the term "dual cultivation" made her cheeks feel like they were on fire, burning with heat.

Although she was restless and distracted, she was also worried about Ruan Li, who hadn't shown up for a while. Unable to help herself, she asked the system, "So... how is Ah Li now? She's been absent for so long; nothing bad has happened, has it?"

The system's response reassured Luo Qingci somewhat. "The Dragon Clan can traverse the skies and grasp the sun and moon above, and explore the five lakes and four seas below. You don't need to worry. She's merely borrowing the cold waters below to awaken her senses."

The system's answer eased Luo Qingci's anxiety a bit. She looked down, then decided to sit cross-legged on the edge of the cliff, waiting quietly for Ruan Li's return.

Even though she felt distressed for Ruan Li, she knew she couldn't let her emotions run wild. For now, the best she could do was wait for her.

Just moments ago, Luo Qingci, who had been restless and troubled, gradually calmed down in the evening breeze. As a person with an ice spirit root, this cave, which channels the flow of the ghostly spring and is untouched by others, had abundant spiritual energy. It was actually a very suitable place for her cultivation. Soon, spiritual energy surged around her, and the surrounding spiritual energy began to coalesce into faint white light, flowing from her acupuncture points into her body.

She had previously injured her root and needed proper rest, so she had even given up her deeply ingrained routine.

After an unknown amount of time, there was a commotion at the bottom of the water. With a splash, a small dragon leaped out of the water, breaking the surface and heading straight towards the cliff in the twilight.

Even though it was pitch dark all around, the dragon's body, shimmering with a golden and reddish luster, was still strikingly bright. It was so eye-catching that even those who were deeply engrossed in their cultivation were startled awake and looked up.

At this moment, Ruan Li was holding a fish. Luo Qingci looked closely and saw that the fish's tail resembled a skirt, with multicolored, iridescent scales—it was a phoenix tail fish.

When Ruan Li emerged holding the fish, she was momentarily stunned upon seeing Luo Qingci sitting there. Her gaze instinctively shifted away, and she gently explained, "I couldn't sleep, and was thinking about what to prepare for you tomorrow. Remembering that you once mentioned the phoenix tail fish, I went out of my way to catch one."

Luo Qingci looked at her. It was clear that Ruan Li had grown up and learned to keep things from her. Even this small gesture of thoughtfulness was the most genuine expression of her care at the moment. Luo Qingci chose not to expose her and simply raised her hand, saying, "Come over here."

Ruan Li hesitated for a moment, then directly threw the phoenix tail fish on the ground. The fish, full of vitality and spiritual energy, continued to thrash about energetically on the ground, splashing water everywhere.

Luo Qingci skillfully raised her sleeve to shield herself from the splashing water and then looked over from above her wide sleeve with a hint of a smile. Glancing at the phoenix tail fish, she said, "Why are you still so careless? I've told you many times that fish shouldn't be thrown around like this; it's meant to be eaten, and the ground is dirty. Besides..."

"Besides, the water splashing on you is not good," Ruan Li interjected, adopting a casual and carefree tone similar to her previous persona as Chi Qing.