Chapter 12

The cold, murderous voice, amplified by spiritual power, cut sharply through the noise of the mortal world.

Luo Qingci effortlessly pinpointed the source of the sound.

A man in gray clothing dashed through the air like the wind, sending bystanders and goods flying in his wake.

Trailing behind were three figures in blue and white, hot on his heels, their presence causing a wave of gasps from the crowd.

Luo Qingci's heart sank slightly as she recalled the words she had just heard. The little dragon cub in her sleeve tensed up, "I sense the presence of dragons. I can feel the aura of the dragon clan."

Luo Qingci tossed aside her sleeve, letting the remaining two candied hawthorns fall to the ground, and she vanished in the blink of an eye.

Her previously leisurely mood was completely gone.

She wasn't chasing after the conflict between humans and dragons out of a desire to intervene, but because she felt, almost instinctively, that this was the beginning of her real mission.

Luo Qingci's cultivation was higher than that of the three cultivators, and she soon caught up with their traces.

The three cultivators dressed in white robes and light blue outer garments were disciples of the Nanhua Immortal Sect located in the region of Fufeng.

In the novel, among the major sects, the Nanhua Immortal Sect harbors the deepest enmity towards the dragon clan. After the dragon's habitat was destroyed, the disciples of the Nanhua Immortal Sect traveled the immortal realm every year, seeking out any traces of dragons. They would either kill them or capture them to turn into demon slaves for their use.

This dragon that encountered them was likely doomed.

"Chi Qing, can you help him?" The little dragon cub was anxious yet hesitant.

Her father was the Dragon King, and those dragons were his subjects. She should protect them.

But Chi Qing was human. She didn't quite understand why Chi Qing was so kind to her. Even if Chi Qing truly believed that the dragon clan shouldn't be killed, it didn't mean she would stand with the dragons against the immortal realm.

Luo Qingci heard the little dragon cub's words and lowered her head. The comical and somewhat silly mask obscured most of her expression, but her dark eyes revealed clear emotions.

The emotions within weren't conflicted or hesitant; they were simply filled with helplessness and sighs.

The little dragon cub didn't fully grasp the emotions but looked up at her, momentarily speechless.

Luo Qingci reached out and patted the cub's head. "Don't worry, he'll be fine. Everything will work out."

The last sentence was a bit aimless, but the little dragon cub understood it was meant to comfort her.

Luo Qingci's speed increased.

Her group quickly exited the mortal realm and entered Fufeng.

That was her destination for the day.

The three disciples, with three talismans emitting golden light, pursued the fleeing figure as if they had eyes, and accurately hit their target.

As soon as the golden light touched his body, it turned green.

It was talisman paper soaked in dragon-suppressing wood sap.

"Ah! Roar—" The man cried out in pain, and then his body stiffened in mid-air, emitting a dragon's roar.