Chapter 66

Seeing Chi Qing spitting blood, Ruan Li was already burning with anxiety. Now, as she watched her fall into the dragon flames, it made Ruan Li's heart feel like it was about to burst.

She was already injured and was powerless to carry her out. From the moment she entered, she sensed the aura of a dragon. Combining that with the voice's warning in her mind, she knew the flames were no ordinary fire. The dragon's innate spiritual fire was intensely scorching, with little in the world capable of resisting it. Even if Chi Qing were unharmed, she might not be able to withstand this fire. If she fell into it, she would likely be reduced to ashes quickly.

"She fell in by herself. What does it have to do with you? Hurry and find the inheritance. It's rare that that man isn't here to cause trouble. You're not planning to get stuck because of this woman, are you?"

Even with her left eye already turning red, Ruan Li's determination remained unshaken. The voice in her head had just spoken, and the sealed primordial power within Ruan Li burst forth. A crimson and gold spiritual force surged from her dantian, enveloping her entire body in a protective aura.

A surge of power filled her body, and Ruan Li dove straight toward Luo Qingci. As she rapidly approached Luo Qingci, her body began to heat up, her meridians feeling as though they were being scalded by lava.

Then, a pair of horns sprouted from her forehead. The red dragon horns appeared somewhat immature, and as they emerged, crimson-golden scales spread across her body. Ruan Li let out a roar, transforming into a dragon. Her roar turned into a dragon's cry, urgent but still tinged with a hint of childlike tone, which made the groggy Luo Qingci suddenly become alert.

Struggling to open her eyes, Luo Qingci saw a beautiful dragon, more than ten feet long, with crimson and gold scales that resembled glass, wrapping its tail around her waist.

The intense heat from the flames was painful, but the cold poison inside her surged, creating a painful mix of cold and heat, causing blood to seep from the corner of Luo Qingci's mouth.

Her remaining consciousness made her realize that this large dragon was Ruan Li. This long-lost sensation made her mind momentarily muddled.

"Little dragon cub," Luo Qingci murmured, trying to touch Ruan Li, but the dragon flames blocking her suddenly exploded, flaring up intensely.

A spark burst forth, landing on Luo Qingci's left shoulder, burning a hole in her clothes. The severe pain made Luo Qingci lose consciousness immediately.

Ruan Li was horrified, quickly using her spiritual force to extinguish the flames. However, Luo Qingci's left shoulder was already burned to a bloody mess.

To protect her, Ruan Li forcibly transformed into dragon form. With her spiritual power released, her body couldn't withstand it, failing to shield Luo Qingci.

Seeing Luo Qingci injured, Ruan Li's heart ached terribly. "Chi Qing, Chi Qing!"

At this moment, she was deeply frustrated, feeling like a failure. Her dragon form was fire-elemental, and she could temporarily suppress the dragon flames to protect Chi Qing. But after so many years, her true form had only grown from a mere three inches to about three feet, still in its juvenile state. Now, she had forced herself to morph into an adult dragon, and if she couldn't hold on and reverted to her original form, Chi Qing would face certain death.

Suddenly, she remembered an event from her dreams—also in a secret realm, also in this place, but with different people.

She looked down at Luo Qingci.

Her dragon eyes stared unblinkingly at Luo Qingci. The firelight reflected off her face, turning the lower half of her pale face bright red.

The firelight flickered on her silver mask, her eyes, usually full of smiles, were tightly closed. Her pale lips, in pain, were pressed together even in unconsciousness.