Chapter 116

"That's the second time. Do you understand what I mean?"

As soon as Luo Qingci finished speaking, the malevolent presence became even more incredulous. She had always been following Ruan Li, and even if she hadn't been present for past events, she was aware of them.

She knew that Luo Qingci no longer had any emotional attachment, but she had always believed it was due to the previous extraction by Tianjizi. Now, Luo Qingci's words clearly indicated that her emotional attachment had long been gone, and what had been extracted was something new that had grown back.

"I don't believe it. Have you lived another life? How do you know that you committed suicide in your previous life? No, it can't be. You're not her; you're completely different." The malevolent presence's mind was in chaos, but one thing was clear: unless it was the previous Luo Qingci herself, no one in this world would know that the extraordinary and proud Xuanzhu Immortal Lord ended up dying by suicide.

She had only intended to intimidate and retaliate against the Immortal Sect by taking over Luo Qingci... She didn't want to think further.

She looked up, staring at Luo Qingci, seeking a definite answer from her.

Luo Qingci had been emotionally unstable upon hearing that Ruan Li was gone. Seeing the malevolent presence so obstinate, she couldn't help but reveal everything.

Now, having regained her composure, she realized she couldn't disclose the existence of the system. She forced herself to remain calm, her eyes cold and serene. "I haven't lived another life; I just know that you are the manifestation of Ruan Li's obsession from her previous life and understand what she suffered. What I said earlier was merely speculation, but you have a brain; you can think it through. As for the fact that the previous Luo Qingci died by suicide, I fell into a coma during the Dragon Clan's siege in the South Sea and dreamed of that scene."

She rubbed her forehead. "I don't know why I dreamt of it, but your current reaction confirms that everything I said is true."

The malevolent presence looked somewhat panicked. She didn't want to admit it, but a voice in her heart told her that what Luo Qingci said was true.

"Since it's just speculation, there's no evidence. You're merely trying to control my emotions because I replaced Ruan Li. Even if you once protected her, you still deserve to die for killing Ruan Li's father! The harm you caused her, regardless of your so-called protection, hasn't diminished in the slightest!"

The malevolent presence was like an enraged hedgehog, bristling with all its spines, confronting Luo Qingci. Behind the seemingly sarcastic eyes lay a trace of unspoken grievance and bitterness.

She might not have realized that her eyes were red, and her expression was not frightening but rather pitiable.

Her anger seemed more like an accusation, each word reasonable and even Luo Qingci could not refute it.

She knew the suffering Ruan Li had endured, and even now, Ruan Li's situation made her heart ache deeply. She was innocent, and all the suffering she faced, whether in the name of love or hatred, was undeserved.

But she also felt pain for the previous Luo Qingci, feeling helpless, unable to argue, and all the care and affection could only be cloaked in a cold disguise, not knowing how to speak or daring to speak.

In the end, the fault lay with Tianjizi and Mo Yan, while Luo Qingci and Ruan Li bore all the suffering.

"I'm not telling you this to make you grateful, nor to make you act as if nothing happened. I only hope that while you hate me, you don't also resent Ruan Li. You're innocent, but she is even more so. You both had feelings. You can hate, but you shouldn't take away her right to love. You once experienced that kind of darkness; you should know how painful it is. Why must Ruan Li walk that path again?"