Chapter 194: Extra (1)

The enmity between the Dragon and the Human clans, which was once an insurmountable grudge, was completely resolved after the death of the Xianjun of Huai Bamboo, Luo Qingci. The once-feared Dragon Slayer, who sacrificed himself to protect the Dragon King of the current Dragon Clan and fought against the Demon Dragon, ultimately ensured peace for the celestial sects. The title of Xianjun was indeed well-deserved."

A middle-aged man, who was animatedly recounting this tale in a teahouse, tilted his head back and drank a cup of tea. After a satisfied smack of his lips, he slammed his hand down on the table with a thud.

The majority of the patrons in the winehouse were young people, here for the selection process of various celestial sects. They were resting in this teahouse outside the city of Fufeng and listening intently to the story of the once-admired Xianjun of Huai Bamboo, Luo Qingci.

Eager to hear more, they urged, "And then? What happened next?"

The storyteller, a lean man, puffed out his cheeks, "That's it. The person is dead; what more is there to say?"

"What do you mean there's nothing more to say? Isn't it true that her disciple, the current Dragon King, loved Xianjun Huai Bamboo? Is that true?"

The storyteller coughed a few times and glanced at the curious young girl before him. He paused dramatically for effect before shaking his head and continuing, "Indeed, it's true. It is said that before Xianjun Huai Bamboo passed away, that disciple was heartbroken, weeping uncontrollably in front of everyone...," He raised his hands to demonstrate the gesture, then continued, "He even professed his love for Xianjun Huai Bamboo and begged her not to leave him. The scene was so heartbreaking that those who witnessed it were moved to tears."

The crowd sighed in sympathy and reflected on the story.

"But how could a teacher and disciple develop such feelings? Your description sounds like you were there," someone questioned discontentedly.

The storyteller scowled, "Such things are well-known within the celestial sects; you don't need to be present to know them. Furthermore, for the following decade, the Dragon King was so devoted that he stayed in the Tianyan Sect and didn't return to the Dragon Clan, remaining by Xianjun Huai Bamboo's side even after her death. This shows his deep affection."

Upon hearing this, someone in the crowd whispered, "There's no real affection. It's just that people remember the new and forget the old. Xianjun Huai Bamboo was so beautiful and noble, and she sacrificed her life for that person, only to have ten years of devotion. Afterwards, she just found someone who resembled him and lived happily."

The crowd murmured in response, with someone else adding, "Is it really worth it? Xianjun Huai Bamboo has been gone for over a hundred years, hasn't she?"

"Time is irrelevant in cultivation; it has indeed been over a hundred years. It's truly a pity. With her talent, no one in the celestial sects could match her for over a hundred years, except for the current Dragon King. If she hadn't fallen, she would have likely achieved Great Ascension by now."

"So, it seems that cutting off all emotions is the right path. For a disciple, to lose one's life only to have the other become a Dragon King and find new love, living happily—it's really quite pitiful."

The crowd turned their gazes toward the young woman among them, some with fear in their eyes, "Even though the Dragon and Human clans no longer have conflicts, discussing their king in such a manner might provoke trouble. Young lady, please don't be reckless with your words."

The young woman huffed and fell silent.

"Though Xianjun Huai Bamboo has passed away, her two disciples have achieved great things. One has become the Dragon King, and the other is the current sect leader of the Tianyan Sect, who was even elected as the leader of the Celestial Alliance during the previous grand meeting. Both disciples are now leaders of their respective realms, which is indeed glorious."