Chapter 176

Luo Qingci felt a surge of helplessness rising in her heart, followed by anger. She was enraged by the injustice of the heavenly path and by the main god's arrangement of Ruan Li's fate. This wasn't a novel or an entertainment story; this was Ruan Li's life. All the drama and conflict that might be thrilling and enjoyable to onlookers were real and painful for Ruan Li.

Despite her best efforts and the main god's promise to stop Ruan Li from falling into demonic madness, why was she still unable to avoid it?

The system's voice also carried a hint of tremor and anger. "This is your mission. I've paid such a great price to change it. It shouldn't be this way. How could it deceive me?"

At this moment, Luo Qingci didn't have time to argue with the main god. Regardless of whether Ruan Li would fall into demonic madness, she had to ensure her survival first.

Ruan Li's hair fluttered without wind, and the sword in her hand, Qing Yuan, sensed her growing killing intent and anger. The light of the sword grew brighter, and the blade began to tremble.

She then glanced sideways at Luo Qingci. Her eyes vaguely showed red, but when looking at Luo Qingci, they still carried a familiar softness. She said softly, "Master, you rest for now. I'll handle this."

Luo Qingci's sense of weakness was suppressed by the system. Seeing Ruan Li's abnormal condition, she couldn't just stand by. She stepped forward, looked at Mo Yan, and said, "I'm fine. Let's go together. Ah Li, control your mind. His demonic eyes are targeting you."

Ruan Li's expression changed slightly. She awkwardly moved her right shoulder, feeling a chill in her heart, and glanced nervously at Luo Qingci. If Luo Qingci hadn't mentioned it, she wouldn't have noticed the problem.

Seeing the fear in Ruan Li's eyes, Luo Qingci didn't want her to be hesitant at such a time. She smiled gently and said, "It's okay. I won't let you get hurt. First, deal with this big trouble."

The system was silent now, and Luo Qingci guessed what it might be doing. There was no time to wait for results. She prepared herself for the worst possible outcome and was determined to give it her all.

Mo Yan had completely lost his rationality. He stopped using his sword and transformed his hands into claws, once again pouncing at the two of them.

As a practitioner of the Great Ascension Realm, even though Mo Yan was injured by Luo Qingci's Seven Star Formation, his attacks were still formidable.

His dragon breath within had been entirely replaced by demonic energy. Every palm strike carried immense power and was incredibly fast.

Luo Qingci and Ruan Li attacked simultaneously, exchanging over a hundred moves with Mo Yan.

Mo Yan fought evenly against the two, moving so fast that only afterimages remained. It seemed as if four people were fighting in the sky.

He moved between Luo Qingci and Ruan Li, and the clashes between his dragon claws and Qing Yuan created sparks.

During the fight, Luo Qingci couldn't help but keep an eye on Ruan Li. Whenever demonic energy surged, she would position herself in front of Ruan Li. Whenever Mo Yan approached Ruan Li, her sword would immediately intervene to separate them.

The three of them fought fiercely, with their spiritual power completely unleashed. In this battlefield, the Great Ascension Realm, Middle Stage of Minor Ascension, and Peak of Spirit Separation were evenly matched, which was a rare miracle in the immortal gates.

Their combined forces clashed in the Chaisang Realm, where the sword intent and spiritual power carved down three high peaks by several meters.

Currently, all three were greatly expending their spiritual power. After Luo Qingci and Ruan Li managed to temporarily push Mo Yan back with their combined swords, they distanced themselves and did not immediately attack, instead entering a standoff.