Chapter 38

No one present noticed Ruan Li's abnormal reaction, but Gu Zhichao, after a moment of contemplation, turned to Qin Jian beside him and said, "I'll go to the Jiukun Hall to meet the guests. You handle things here and arrange for their departure after everything is settled."

Qin Jian nodded, "Rest assured."

The announcement had been heard by all the disciples present. Ye Kong stroked his chin and whispered, "Senior Brother, the Chongxu Sect, the top sect of the Yunchong region, has come all this way to visit our sect. Could something major have happened?"

Xu Mushan, keeping his gaze fixed ahead, merely glanced at Ruan Li from the corner of his eye and ignored Ye Kong's question.

Ye Kong, used to Xu Mushan's taciturn demeanor, continued, "The cultivation world is divided into the Yunchong, Fufeng, and Chaisang regions, with the addition of the Penglai and Yingzhou immortal islands. Among the renowned sects are the Tianyan Sect and Xuanyin Sect from Chaisang, the Fanyin Pavilion and Nanhua Immortal Sect from Fufeng, and the Chongxu Sect and Liuqi Pavilion from Yunchong.

"By the way, the Chongxu Sect was the leading sect a hundred years ago. Later, the Tianyan Sect rose to prominence, and the two sects have alternated in holding the top position since, with neither surpassing the other. During the battle between the sects and the dragon race, the Chongxu Sect suffered severe losses. The sect master's son died in that battle, and the young sect master mentioned earlier should be the grandson of the Chongxu Sect Master, Nangong Jue.

"I've heard that this person is exceptionally talented. He established his foundation at eight years old and reached the peak of foundation establishment by fifteen. Now at twenty-one, he is likely on the verge of breaking through to the Golden Core stage."

Ye Kong rambled on, and the surrounding people listened in silence.

Ye Kong glanced at Ruan Li, who had been keeping her head lowered, and smiled with some bitterness. "But now it's not just the Chongxu Sect with talents. Our Junior Sister Ruan Li advanced from entry-level to peak foundation establishment in just three years, which should be quite a bit stronger than Nangong Jue."

Upon hearing this, the surrounding people turned their attention to Ruan Li. Su Yu frowned and looked at Ye Kong, saying softly, "I don't know if my Junior Sister's talent is greater than Nangong Jue's, but Ye Junior Brother's sarcasm is certainly not lacking."

"You..." Ye Kong was infuriated by Su Yu's remark and was about to retort, but Xu Mushan, who was in front, stepped on his foot, causing him to stop.

Su Yu's back was still turned to Ruan Li, who remained silent, not even moving her head, as if she hadn't heard anything.

Ye Kong, feeling very displeased, muttered, "Indeed, being a genius, she looks down on us ordinary people."

At that moment, Ruan Li glanced at Ye Kong. Her usually clear and bright eyes were now dark and cold, like winter lake water, conveying a palpable chill. Ye Kong felt a shiver run down his spine and quickly turned his head, his face turning pale. When he looked back, he found it hard to believe, but Ruan Li had already withdrawn her gaze.

Just then, Qin Jian spoke, instructing them to pack up their things and prepare to leave the mountain today.

Ruan Li did not linger. Su Yu glanced sideways at Ye Kong and then turned to leave with her.

Ye Kong, still in a daze, tugged at Xu Mushan, "Senior Brother, did you just see Ruan Li's eyes?"

Xu Mushan shook his head and glanced at Ye Kong, saying, "With this energy, you'd be better off practicing. It's a fact that she is stronger than us. There's no point in talking about it."