Chapter 72

Seeing Luo Qingci's persistence, the system was already disinclined to bother with her. As expected, Luo Qingci didn't even realize that her behavior was not much better than that of the female protagonist.

Despite the paper figure being destroyed, Luo Qingci was undeterred and, like a stubborn child, made another paper figure. She used the same method and sent it in.

Learning from past experiences, this time the little paper figure was more cautious. It dared not act recklessly and instead pressed itself against the stone door, observing Ruan Li's back. The little dragon cub had transformed into a human shape, which indicated that she was likely successfully receiving the inheritance. It was unclear how long it would take or how she was feeling now.

So the little paper figure cautiously peered around, then tiptoed along the wall, moving forward inch by inch. It calculated the distance and decided to bypass from the right, where it should be able to see Ruan Li's face.

However, the movement was too slow; its small steps made progress tedious. So, it hunched over, swinging its arms, and rubbed its way forward. Unfortunately, before it could reach Ruan Li's side, it was detected again.

When the sense of danger locked onto it once more, the little paper figure immediately straightened up and ran. With a whoosh, spiritual energy shot at it, but with its precaution, the paper figure rolled and landed safely. The move was graceful and slick.

Before it could bask in its success, another gust of wind shot from the other side. With a slap, it barely dodged the attack, but then it was bombarded by a rain of attacks, and the paper figure was destroyed once again.

Luo Qingci clicked her tongue, feeling somewhat frustrated. However, she wasn't discouraged; it seemed she had discovered something worth doing. She cut out another paper figure.

After a long time, Luo Qingci was slumped on the ground, resting against the stone wall. Her divine sense was exhausted from the strain. The Golden Dragon's defenses were extremely thorough; despite all her efforts, she couldn't avoid the attacks.

She took a deep breath, sat cross-legged, and closed her eyes to rest.

"Finally settled down? With so many people in the cultivation world, using divine sense on paper figures in various ways just to observe one person, you truly are the first," the system remarked.

Luo Qingci didn't respond, and the system assumed she had finally given up.

But two hours later, Luo Qingci opened her eyes, refreshed, and began preparing another piece of paper.

"You're not giving up?" The system was genuinely impressed.

Luo Qingci glanced at it calmly. "Am I the type to retreat when faced with difficulties?"

"I think you're just blinded by desire."

Luo Qingci frowned disapprovingly. "Don't talk nonsense. You don't understand. It's worrying to leave Ruan Li alone there. Since I'm free, I want to see her in person to be assured."

"Can't you just focus on your own cultivation? You've been down here for less than ten days, and there's still a long way to go. Are you going to keep focusing on Ruan Li?" The system was frustrated.

Luo Qingci snorted. "Do you think I'm that kind of person? Sure, I want to see Ruan Li, but more importantly, I want to understand what it's like to manipulate divine sense while avoiding the Golden Dragon's perception and spiritual attacks. The stronger it is, the more I want to face it. Ruan Li is cultivating; am I really going to waste time? This is a win-win situation—where else could I find it?"