Chapter 73

If the previous call was vague and muddled, the current voice was incredibly clear. Ruan Li struggled to get up, her face full of grievance. "Chi Qing."

Luo Qingci kept her eyes closed, her eyelashes fluttering. She had heard Ruan Li's voice.

"Is it very hard?" Luo Qingci could hear the discomfort and grievance in Ruan Li's voice, and her heart ached terribly.

Ruan Li had a hint of joy in her eyes; she could really hear her own voice.

"Sometimes it's very hard, but most of the time it's okay. I just feel like I'm all alone and it's really hard to bear." Ruan Li had become much more conscious and didn't want Luo Qingci to worry too much, so she quickly explained.

After a moment, Luo Qingci's voice came through again, soft and gentle, as if she didn't dare to speak loudly. She spoke with a subdued tone, "How could you be alone? I've always been with you. I've prepared something nice for you. When you wake up, you'll see it. You need to keep going; I believe you can do it."

She paused and then continued, "Although I know you can do it, that doesn't mean you can't feel tired. If you're in pain, you must tell me. Even if I can't help you right now, you can still talk to me. Don't keep everything to yourself, okay?"

Ruan Li's eyes felt like they were filled with sand, stinging and painful, but she couldn't shed any tears at that moment. The little paper figure that had been pressed against her forehead noticed a tear forming at the corner of her eye. It shifted its position, reached out, and caught the hot tear, then gently patted her head.

Ruan Li wanted to talk to Luo Qingci a bit more, but the inheritance began again. Luo Qingci was instantly pushed away, and the paper figure stumbled and fell, shaking its head.

Luo Qingci knew Ruan Li was going through a tough time. As she was diligently practicing the Nine Dragons Formula, she couldn't be idle herself. She settled down and began her own training.

Separated from the outside world, Luo Qingci closed her eyes and silently focused on the heartless sword technique given to her by Tianjizi. She had practiced this sword technique before and had to admit that despite its many demanding and seemingly inhumane requirements, it was indeed a remarkable technique. The Chaotic Nine Techniques was considered a high-level sword technique in the Tianyan Sect, but it seemed inferior in comparison to the Heartless Sword Technique.

The Heartless Sword Technique's moves were completely contrary to traditional sword techniques, especially in the way spiritual energy was used, which was very radical and risky. No wonder the original Luo Qingci couldn't even reach the seventh layer.

"System, I keep forgetting to ask, who originally created the Heartless Sword Technique? Has anyone mastered it?" The book only mentioned the technique without delving into its origins.

The system hesitated slightly before answering, "According to the original worldview, the Heartless Sword Technique was originally created by the Sword Saint, one of the Four Saints, a thousand years ago. At that time, he was the leader of the Sword Sect, with sword skills that were sublime and had reached the level of half-step ascension. He was obsessed with the sword path and wanted to develop his own sword technique. After decades of closed-door cultivation, he made some progress. However, he happened to encounter the great battle with the demon clan a thousand years ago. The Four Saints sacrificed their spiritual power to kill the Demon Lord and shatter the Heavenly Demon Eye. The cost was that two of the Four Saints perished on the spot, and the remaining two, the Sword Saint and the Spirit Saint, had their spiritual power almost entirely depleted, with their cultivation ruined."