Chapter 197: Extra 4 (The Original Master)

Luo Qing had heard Ruan Li call "Shizun" countless times before when she was with Luo Qingci, but at this moment, hearing "Shizun" from E'niàn stirred her heart like it was being squeezed, overwhelming her with mixed emotions.

It had been a long time since she heard someone call her "Shizun." She had thought she'd never get the chance to hear it again.

So much so that all she could do was stare blankly at her, unable to say a word.

E'niàn snapped Luo Qing out of her daze by calling her "Shizun" again. Annoyed, E'niàn turned her head and said, "Why aren't you with that fool? What are you doing here?"

Luo Qing didn't respond, but her eyes faintly reddened.

Seeing her silent, Ruan Li frowned and looked at her again, only to notice that behind Luo Qing, lingering resentful spirits and deadly energy were ready to launch a sneak attack. Her expression changed instantly, and she yanked Luo Qing over, quickly crushing the approaching resentful spirit with a forceful grip. She coldly warned, "Get lost, don't touch her."

Luo Qing looked at the deliberately indifferent Ruan Li, her heart growing heavier with sadness. She knew E'niàn had mistaken her for someone else. Swallowing hard, Luo Qing finally managed to speak, "I'm not her. I came specifically to find you."

Ruan Li froze for a moment, unable to understand what she meant. As realization dawned, she stared at Luo Qing in disbelief, examining her closely. Though Luo Qing and Luo Qingci looked identical, their aura and spirit were different, and this was clearly not a human form, but rather one condensed from spiritual energy.

A thought flashed through Ruan Li's mind, making her body heat up. She took a step closer, staring intensely at Luo Qing. "What do you mean? If you're not her, then who are you?"

"Ruan Li... it's me. I don't know if it's right to call you this, but whether you're her or just a manifestation of her obsessions, there are things I owe you an explanation for. Back then, I was rigid and overly harsh with you. There were so many things I didn't explain, only pushing you harder and harder until you ended up like that."

E'niàn's eyes stung, her lips trembling. "You're not Luo Qingci?"

She corrected herself, realizing her mistake, and asked again, "You... are you my Shizun?"

Her voice quivered with a careful timidity, as though afraid of frightening Luo Qing away.

Ever since Luo Yi's death, Luo Qing hadn't cried. Her emotions had been locked away in a cold shell for so long that she'd forgotten what it was like to shed tears.

But now, she could clearly feel the heat and sting of tears welling up in her eyes. Her long-suppressed emotions, after years of regret, had finally returned.

"Yes."

Hearing this, Ruan Li stumbled back a step, her chest rising and falling rapidly. The joy and excitement she felt quickly retreated, disbelief clouding her face.

"How could this be...? Don't try to deceive me. My Shizun is dead..." She let out a heart-wrenching sob, then muttered softly, looking up at Luo Qing with tear-filled eyes. Despite the tears, she continued, "I killed her myself. I... I personally ground her bones to dust." Her hands trembled in terror and pain as she stared at them, whispering, "I don't have a Shizun anymore. I don't have a Shizun..."

Luo Qing had imagined many times what it would be like when she finally met E'niàn, but now that it was happening, she realized that no matter how hardened her heart had become, she couldn't bear the sorrow and anguish that came with it.