Chapter 146

Cheng Su's eye twitched in frustration, almost on the verge of losing her temper. But when she saw Su Yu's innocent, fearful, and slightly dazed look, all her anger suddenly dissipated, and she even found her quite adorable, almost making her want to laugh.

However, switching from anger to laughter would damage her image, so she forcibly suppressed the urge to smile and quickly changed the subject. "Luo Qingci, if you want to act like a senior, don't drag me into it. I'm much younger than you."

Luo Qingci glanced between Cheng Su and Su Yu before calmly responding, "I consider you a friend, so naturally, we're of the same generation, which is perfectly reasonable. But if you wish to be my junior, that's up to you."

"Oh, so the esteemed Immortal Lord Huaizhu wants to be my aunt now?" Cheng Su immediately seized on Luo Qingci's weak spot and counterattacked.

Luo Qingci shook her head. "I don't have a preference for nieces. But if you want, I wouldn't mind."

Cheng Su was at a loss for words again. Luo Qingci might be thick-skinned enough to hear herself called 'aunt,' but Cheng Su certainly didn't have the guts to call her that.

"I don't care what you think. We'll stick to our own ways, but that word is off-limits, got it?" She directed this last part toward Su Yu.

Su Yu obediently nodded but still glanced cautiously at Luo Qingci, which annoyed Cheng Su. "Looking at her won't help. If I say no, then no."

What kind of charm had Luo Qingci cast on Su Yu? Was it really that serious?

Luo Qingci chuckled inwardly. Cheng Su was usually so composed—why was she acting like a child now? Could it really be because of Su Yu...? She gave the two of them another glance but didn't say anything, even though Su Yu was her disciple. She had no right to interfere in her personal affairs.

Teasing aside, Luo Qingci had no intention of meddling. Whether there was something or not between them, she would leave it to them to figure out.

Su Yu, oblivious to the teasing and probing between Luo Qingci and Cheng Su, was utterly confused. But Cheng Su had already noticed something unusual about Luo Qingci, and when she realized her own behavior was a bit off, she became momentarily dazed.

Luo Qingci cleared her throat and looked at Su Yu. "You cried so hard earlier, you must be tired. Go rest for a while."

Su Yu blushed slightly. "I'm not tired, and I didn't cry that much."

Cheng Su glanced at Su Yu's still-red, swollen eyes and frowned slightly. "Your eyes are swollen, and you say you didn't cry much? I could hear you from downstairs."

Su Yu's face turned visibly redder. She touched her eyes and hurriedly said, "Well... I'll go back to my room then, Cheng..."

Cheng Su's gaze held a warning, and Su Yu's tongue twisted. She finally whispered, "Sister Cheng, my master's room..."

"Do you think you need to worry with me here?" Cheng Su sighed helplessly. Su Yu, such a nice girl, just had the heart of a worried mother.

After Su Yu left, Cheng Su led the others to settle in.

"I'll take care of the arrangements, but have you decided when to convene the Immortal Alliance meeting?" Cheng Su asked.

Ruan Li was startled and quickly looked at Luo Qingci.

"The sooner, the better. But I need to prepare some things first, and I might need your help," Luo Qingci said as something crossed her mind.

"Sure, what do you need?" Cheng Su didn't hesitate and agreed immediately, without even asking what it was.