Chapter 152

Luo Qingci stood with her back to the scene, her expression solemn as she stared in the direction of Fufeng.

Ruan Li, deeply worried, couldn't help but ask, "Master, have you restored your spiritual power? Will it be a problem if we go over like this?"

Luo Qingci reassured her, "I've already taken the medicine and am almost fully restored. I'll adapt to the situation and won't force anything. Don't act rashly; if you trigger the demonic energy within you, it would be disastrous."

Still not at ease, Luo Qingci sent a protective layer of spiritual power around Ruan Li. "Trust your master; don't be anxious or afraid."

Luo Qingci was most concerned about Ruan Li. She asked, "System, is it an invasion by the demon race or the dragon race? Is Mo Yan here?"

"It's not the dragon race; it's the demons. Your greatest worry seems to be coming true. Although the demons are leading, the dragon race may also be observing from behind. Be cautious."

The system's words sank Luo Qingci's heart. In the original story, the struggle between humans and dragons was already tainted with the demon race's involvement. It could be said that Ruan Li's eventual fall into demonic corruption was the demon race's greatest triumph. Although it was a twist of fate, it clearly pleased the demons.

The Heavenly Demon Eye had repeatedly targeted Ruan Li before she matured. Though it might have been attracted by the presence of evil thoughts, it was undeniable that this demonic treasure had its sights set on Ruan Li.

One of these treasures had been absorbed by the evil thoughts and remained within Ruan Li, nearly causing her to fall into demonic corruption. Another seemed to be within Mo Yan. Luo Qingci suddenly had a thought, "System, if Mo Yan's goal is to become the Dragon King, why is he so crazily experimenting on the dragon race, turning them into demonic dragons? Isn't this self-destructive?"

The system was silent for a moment before it softly said, "Do you suspect that he isn't trying to help the dragon race but rather the demon race?"

"You should know that the function of the Heavenly Demon Eye is to transform its host into a Demon King, protecting the Demon Lord. Since that's the case, can Mo Yan escape this fate? Tianji Zi developed a heart demon due to his obsessions. Does Mo Yan not have any obsessions? With evil thoughts present, even Ruan Li's pure nature nearly couldn't withstand it; can he resist?" Luo Qingci felt a chill down her back. She should have realized this sooner. She seemed too focused on Mo Yan and forgot that he also possessed the Heavenly Demon Eye. He might have long ceased to be Mo Yan.

The struggle between humans and dragons might ultimately be a case of the mantis stalking the cicada while the yellow sparrow is behind, allowing the demons to profit.

With this in mind, Luo Qingci raised her hand, releasing a wave of spiritual power. Her hair flew as she arrived at Fufeng in the blink of an eye.

She stood on the clouds, clearly seeing the boundary between Fufeng and Chaisang. The demonic energy surged, obscuring the sun and making it impossible to see the gates of Fufeng City.

Within the demonic energy were swirling demonic spirits and vengeful spirits, howling and roaring.

Outside Fufeng City, disciples from the Fanyin Pavilion and the Nanhua Immortal Sect took to their swords, forming formations to counter the attack. Various sword energies and spiritual powers flew through the air, with sword auras whistling, demonic sounds in the ears, and screams of despair and rage filling the air, resembling a purgatory on earth.

The demonic spirits, coming from who knows where, blocked out the sky and charged at anyone they saw, like flies sensing blood. Disciples on flying swords fought back desperately, but a single strike felt like hitting iron, leaving their arms numb.