Chapter 133

"The system knows that Mo Yan has already discovered Ruan Li's true identity as the Golden Dragon. It will likely be very difficult for her to return now," the system reminded Luo Qingci, recalling what had happened that day.

Luo Qingci pondered for a moment, looking down at the sleeping Ruan Li with a hint of worry in her eyes.

She assessed the current situation carefully. Although Ruan Li could not return to the Immortal Sect, as long as Ruan Li's cultivation reached the level described in the original story, along with her own help, there was no need to overly worry about the Immortal Sect being detrimental to Ruan Li.

However, with the dragon clan advancing step by step, they would inevitably encounter the dragons unless they hid for a lifetime.

Moreover, with Ruan Li's identity now exposed and being the prophesied king of the dragon clan, Mo Yan would never be able to justifiably succeed to the Dragon King's position. He would not let Ruan Li go easily, and even if they tried to avoid him, it would likely be futile.

Thus, Ruan Li's greatest threat now came from the dragon clan, and Mo Yan was perhaps the second biggest threat.

In addition, the demonic energy that could explode at any time posed a problem even more intractable than Mo Yan.

Luo Qingci considered that she should first control the demonic energy within Ruan Li, focus on cultivation, and then seek an opportunity to return to the dragon clan to gain their support.

But gaining the dragon clan's recognition involved more than just identity; the hatred from Dragon King Xi Dan was crucial. The dragon clan, long oppressed, would likely not accept their king being in love with the dragon-slaying demon Luo Qingci, especially since she was also Ruan Li's father's killer. Such betrayal was something the dragon clan could not tolerate.

Luo Qingci felt her thoughts were in disarray. "System, my identity still cannot be revealed, right?"

The system was silent for a long while before answering, "Although you are playing the role of Luo Qingci here, in the eyes of the people in this world, you are Luo Qingci. Allowing outsiders to interfere in another world is against the natural order. Your existence is already a compromise, and revealing your identity will not be permitted."

"But now my existence is used by Mo Yan to attack Ruan Li. If the Immortal Sect and the dragon clan are to return to peace, I might be the first to pay the price." Luo Qingci said with some helplessness. She was not afraid of dying; she was afraid of leaving Ruan Li alone and not knowing what to do.

Suddenly, she remembered something important. "System, you mentioned before that if I fail the mission, I would be erased. What if I succeed? You said I don't belong to this world. After putting everything back on track, can I still stay here?" Originally, she was eager to return, not because she was particularly attached to her original world, but because she was unwilling to be inexplicably caught up in a lawless and supernatural world of cultivation.

Later, she became engrossed in the storyline and tasks, focusing entirely on Ruan Li, and she rarely thought about her original world, almost forgetting that she could return once her mission was complete.

In that world, she had few attachments and was emotionally detached. The world with Ruan Li was more important than the one she left behind.

The system laughed lightly. "I still remember how frustrated you were, wanting to return immediately. Now you are afraid of leaving. Love truly makes people blind."

This was the first time Luo Qingci heard the system laugh, and she was stunned. "You actually laughed?"

The system was silent for a moment, then its voice became slightly passionate. "Why shouldn't I laugh? I was once confined in that guise, unable to act freely. Now that the restraint is gone, why should I still hold back?"