Chapter 145

The three had not seen each other for a long time. Su Yu had a lot she wanted to say, but even though Luo Qingci now appeared much gentler than before, to Su Yu, she still remained her awe-inspiring master. As her emotions calmed down, Su Yu felt a bit embarrassed. The words of longing she wanted to express were hard to speak aloud in front of Luo Qingci.

Luo Qingci was well aware of the situation. She too felt a little awkward. With Ruan Li, she didn't really maintain much of the authoritative demeanor of a master. But when facing Su Yu, she suddenly felt the weight of her role as master, and even felt uncomfortable looking at Ruan Li.

So, she cleared her throat and said lightly, "You haven't seen each other in a long time. Go ahead and catch up. I have something I need to ask Cheng Su."

With that, she glanced at Ruan Li and stood up to leave.

Ruan Li, having sensed some of Luo Qingci's thoughts, understood that Su Yu was feeling constrained in her master's presence. So, she didn't say much and just watched her leave.

Outside the door, Luo Qingci glanced back at the room and chuckled to herself. She took a breath, and as she thought about her relationship with Ruan Li, a bit of concern crept into her heart.

In the immortal sects, same-sex couples were unheard of, and a relationship between a master and disciple was even more against the moral code. Luo Qingci had never planned to broadcast her relationship with Ruan Li, and she didn't care whether others would accept it or not—it was, after all, a matter between the two of them.

But those close to them would surely start to pick up on some clues, especially Su Yu. If she found out about their relationship, how would she react?

Of course, Luo Qingci quickly set this question aside. While she cared, it wasn't the most pressing issue at the moment.

"System, is Tian Jizi still alive?" Thinking of the matters concerning Tianyuan Sect, she couldn't help but ask.

"He's still alive, but not for long," the system replied. "For immortals, once the dantian is destroyed, their spiritual energy returns to the heavens and earth, and everything sustained by that energy vanishes. If it weren't for Gu Zhaochao and the others using medicinal pills to maintain him out of respect for their master, he would have long returned to dust."

The fact that Tian Jizi was still alive was actually good news for Luo Qingci.

"Any chance we can locate them?" Luo Qingci asked again.

"They're still in the Tianqian Mountains near Chaisang. The spiritual energy there is strange, making it difficult for the dragon clan to find them. But it would be a challenge for them to escape as well."

"Are they all there?"

"Qin Jian and Gu Zhaochao are there, but Jiang Yuebai is in a small village outside Fufeng City. When the dragon clan attacked Tianyuan Sect, the three of them held off the dragons, buying time for the other disciples to escape. As a result, they were seriously injured and have yet to recover, leaving them unable to break through the siege and enter Fufeng City."

Luo Qingci nodded. It seemed she had underestimated the severity of the current situation.

The immortal sects in Chaisang and Fufeng were becoming increasingly passive. At this rate, the immortal sects in both regions would soon fall.

As Luo Qingci pondered this, she made her way to the front yard, where she happened to meet Cheng Su.

When Cheng Su saw her, she gave Luo Qingci a once-over and then raised her chin. "She's been missing her master for so long, and now that she's finally seen you, why isn't she clinging to you and crying her heart out? How could she bear to let you come down here?"