Chapter 163

Ruan Li looked at Luo Qingci without saying anything, just staring at her, and then turned to look at the leaves above, laughing to herself. She was in a great mood, nibbling on the candied hawthorn, her toes playfully curling, looking both mischievous and adorable.

"Master, don't you think it's sour?"

Luo Qingci used her right hand to gently flip Ruan Li over, so she ended up lying on top of Luo Qingci.

The closeness was overwhelming, and Ruan Li, with the candied hawthorn in her mouth, didn't know how to swallow it. She just stared at Luo Qingci beneath her.

"Master, what are you going to do?" Luo Qingci just stared at her without speaking, making Ruan Li feel a bit nervous, her heart beating faster and faster. She mumbled a question.

Luo Qingci then spoke slowly, "Don't you know that I'm sour?"

Ruan Li's cheeks flushed, and she almost laughed. She propped herself up on her arms but was stopped by Luo Qingci, who said, "You're so light, there's no need to prop yourself up, you won't hurt me."

Ruan Li lay on top of her, her gaze wandering. "Master, do you also feel sour?"

Luo Qingci patted her, saying, "How could I not be sour? You are my beloved, and I have to be wary of anyone who shows you too much interest. Especially Nangong Jue and Xuan Ying."

Ruan Li's mouth curled up, though she was still puzzled. "Why especially them?"

Luo Qingci grabbed a strand of her hair and glanced at her. "Don't play dumb. Those two have special feelings for you."

Ruan Li swallowed the candied hawthorn and snuggled into Luo Qingci's embrace. She caught the faint, elusive scent on Luo Qingci, nuzzled against her, and then looked up seriously. "I don't care about who has special feelings. What matters to me is that Master treats me specially, and that's enough. I won't let you worry about anything else."

She spoke with such earnestness, as if it were a significant matter. Though it was meant to be a playful tease between lovers, her solemnity made Luo Qingci both want to laugh and feel deeply moved.

Not wanting to tease the earnest Ruan Li any further, Luo Qingci lifted her chin to make her look at her. "Why are you always so serious?"

Sometimes Ruan Li was as innocent as a child, while other times she was so serious that no one could take advantage of her. It was as if she offered her most sincere and unguarded self to Luo Qingci.

Ruan Li was taken aback, still with that familiar expression, looking into her eyes with a serious demeanor, speaking in a measured tone. "Matters concerning Master should be taken seriously. Besides, even though Master can be a bit spoiled, you are usually serious with me. As a disciple, I should be the same."

Luo Qingci was both amused and touched by Ruan Li's earnestness. She stopped making light of the situation and instead lowered her head to kiss her, wrapping her right arm around her, continuing to lie down.

Ruan Li turned to one side, shifting her weight onto the branch. Though Luo Qingci easily supported her weight, her soft and delicate body made Ruan Li reluctant to exert too much pressure.

"Master, why did you come to this outskirts? Was the meeting not successful?" She was concerned because Luo Qingci had mentioned the meeting of the Immortal Alliance but was now alone here, waiting for her to wake up.

Luo Qingci shook her head and explained the agreements made at the Immortal Alliance meeting. "They agreed not to harm the normal dragon race. If there is a conflict between the two sides, you just need to intervene."