[73]. It's You (Aida x Reader)

~It's You - Aida Riko~

[Male!Reader]

You played for your school's basketball team, but you weren't as good as the rest of your teammates. Your dad told you about improving your basketball skills so you could catch up to the rest of them.

But your mom always told you that your studies were your top priority, so you never really had time, and always studied. You were only able to practice during training, but you usually skip.

You were thinking about quitting your basketball team. You barely played and you weren't really any use to the team. You were only subbed in to give your teammates a rest, then get subbed off 2-3 minutes later.

Then one day, your parents told you that you had to move from Yokohama to Tokyo, so your family could be closer to your relatives. But not only that, you had to move schools, as well.

You were obviously upset about it, having to leave your friends, but you could still meet up with them. You also quite had to quit your basketball team.

"Have a good day today!" Your mom waved once you got out the car.

You gave your mother a smile as she drove off. Turning around, you looked at your new school. You started questioning yourself as you walked into the school; you were quite worried.

Will your new classmates like you? How would they treat a new student? Would you be able make friends on the first day?

You shook the thoughts out and exhaled, calming down a bit. You walked over to a bench and sat there, zipping open your bag. You were about to look for something, but...

"A basketball...?"

Immediately knowing who it was that put the ball in your bag, you sighed as you took it out. No wonder your bag felt uncomfortable to carry.

You glanced at your watch and saw that there was still time until the bell rang. Zipping up your bag, you decided to look for the gym. Maybe practicing for a little bit would be okay?

Once you found the gym, you slowly checked to see if anyone was there. Last time you thought you were alone, a guy forced you to play a one-on-one with him and you got beaten badly.

Luckily, there wasn't anyone in the gym. You dropped your bag somewhere and entered the court, standing at the free throw line. You did your ritual before shooting the ball and it hit the backboard, going in.

You were only pretty decent in shooting, everything else you couldn't do well, but no-one ever passed the ball to you, so you never got the chance to show it.

You knew that you probably won't get any better by just practicing shooting, but you decided that maybe you should come to the gym every morning or breaks.

One morning, you walked into the gym to practice your shooting again. You walked further into the gym and noticed a caramel haired girl at a trolley of basketballs.

"Nigou! There you are!" You heard her exclaim as she picked up the Alaskan malamute and spun him around.

The girl stopped spinning the dog once she noticed you from the corner of her eye and asked what you needed. You got a good look of her and swore you saw her from somewhere.

"Riko...?" You blinked a couple of times.

"Huh?" She looked at you quite confused.

"You don't remember? It's me, (First Name)," you walked up to her with grin on your face.

You and Riko were classmates during third grade. How the both of you became friends was when she had scolded some bullies, since they were picking on you.