[37]. We're Better As Friends (Liu x Reader x Fukui)

~We're Better As Friends - Liu Wei and Fukui Kensuke~

You and Liu had been dating for nearly three months now and the both of you were really happy with each other, but one thing bothered him every day since you started hanging out with Fukui two months ago.

You see, you had feelings for Fukui, but you would never tell him, nor your boyfriend. You didn't want anyone to know and you hoped that the feelings you had for Fukui was only temporary.

You just wanted to stay friends with Fukui, nothing more and nothing less. You didn't want to be hanging around him either, in case Liu thinks that something's going on with you and Fukui.

So, yes, you loved two guys, but it was obvious who you would choose. You would obviously choose your boyfriend, but Liu thought otherwise.

One day at the front gates after school, he asked you, "do you still love me?"

This, of course, shocked you.

"Of course, I do. What makes you think that I don't love you anymore?" You questioned.

"It's just that... It's because you seem really close to Fukui," Liu stated.

"Just because I'm close friends with Ken, doesn't mean that I don't love you, alright? You're the only one for me," you assured, putting a hand to his shoulder.

"But you could love him and me at the same time," Liu stated.

"Wei, I don't love him, only you. Don't worry, everything will be fine," you smiled at him.

But you thought wrong.

The next day...

"(First Name), can you meet me at the rooftop after school?" Fukui questioned.

"Huh? Why?" You asked.

"Eh... It's-It's nothing. You don't have to come. It doesn't matter," Fukui replied.

"No, no, I'll come," you said and Fukui smiled at you.

If someone asks you to meet them at the rooftop, it's obvious what they want you up there for, but you didn't know that.

After school...

You went to the rooftop, hoping Liu wasn't following you, otherwise, he'll break up with you for meeting another guy behind his back.

When you got up the rooftop, Fukui was already there.

"(First Name)," Fukui called and patted the spot next to him, so you walked over to him and sat next to him.

"What is it you wanna talk about?" You asked.

"I've been meaning to confess for a while," he stated and you just looked at him. "You see... I love you," Fukui confessed and your eyes widened.

You and Liu had been going out for three months, but the two of you promised to keep your relationship a secret, even your best friend didn't know about it.

If Fukui knew about your relationship with Liu, then you were sure he wouldn't have confessed.

"(First Name)?"

"I'm-I'm sorry," you replied, casting your eyes to the ground.

"I understand. After all, you love Liu, don't you?" Fukui questioned.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" You asked.

"Liu told me that you two are dating."

"What?"