[86]. I Hope (Sakurai x Reader)

~I Hope - Sakurai Ryo~

Every single girl and all the women on this earth
Sometimes it can feel like no one appreciates your worth
When people say you're pretty you have a hard time believing

During your last year of middle school, you had a boyfriend who cheated on you. You broke up with him as soon as you caught him kissing and cuddling at a park with another girl.

Some months after that, a guy led you on. You thought he really wanted to help you move on from that other guy, you thought his feelings for you were real, but found out he had a girlfriend who he was "faithful" to.

The last time you fell in love, you met a guy who you thought you could finally have something with. He treated you so much better than the other two, but he broke up with you because he met a girl who was prettier.

You knew you weren't perfect, but people said you were smarter and prettier than the three guys' girls. Were you just not good enough for them? Or did they get bored because you couldn't show much emotion?

But it really wasn't your fault, that was just how you are. You wished you could find someone who could accept you for who you are. You felt worthless being tossed aside just like that.

Those relationships caused you to feel insecure about yourself. But your friend told you not to worry, because he/she said that you'll eventually find someone who can treat you better.

You knew he/she was right, but even though you let go of the relationships and your personality, you didn't let go of how you looked. You compared yourself to the girls in movies and the models in magazines.

"They were flawless," you thought to yourself, "I'm not anything like them."

Believing it yourself is a completely different feeling
These magazines and movies distort all of your perceptions
Of females in society to always chase perfection

How pretty were you to others? Did you at least look decent to them? Were they all staring at you because of how pretty you were, or because you weren't?

Those thoughts would always fill your mind whenever you looked at the mirror.

"They're fake if they edit how they really look that much. It's dumb," your friend said, "It makes most people feel insecure about themselves."

"Yeah, I know."

"But it's not your complexion, or the make-up on your face,
That determines who you are when you wake up every day
It's how you feel inside; in your soul on the inner
It's following your heart, instead of dying to be thinner
Not trying to be bitter, just would like to see you better," your friend added and wrapped their arm around your shoulders.

You believed what he/she said after, so the thoughts you had didn't last long, because your friend helped you bring your self-esteem back up.

You were really lucky to have someone like him/her. Sometimes you felt like he/she deserved a better friend to love a support.

---

And guys if there's a girl you like or love then go and get her