Dantes Crossheart

Max age: 18, Alec age: 38

Dantes Pov- "So... why are we here" I asked not really sure what was going on. I was in a diner with Max sitting across from me in an old, torn up booth. Max shrugged smiling "I realized before that I don't really know you that well Dantes. We never go out just you and me so I wanted to give it a try."

"Why the sudden interest" I asked grabbing my glass of iced tea and taking a sip. He shrugged using his straw to spin his ice around in his glass. "Well Darius is my Parabatai and also my best friend. I owe it to him and to you to make the effort into getting to know you."

"That's kind of you to think about him but I don't think it ever bothered him that we aren't best friends. I've never been offended over you not taking interest in me" I said, putting down my glass.

Max shook his head "that's the thing Dantes, I do have an interest in you. You and Darius know everything there is to know about me yet I don't know a thing about you. I want to know about your life in Faerie and what it was like for you to suddenly start living as a Shadowhunter."

I frowned looking down at my tea "I don't know Max. My story isn't very nice; I haven't really told it to anyone but Darius. I act nice and sweet all the time but you might not like the things I really think about Shadowhunters and Downworlders."

"My opinion doesn't matter Dantes. If it's a part of you then I want to know about it. I really want the two of us to become closer and I feel like the only way we can do that is if I know your history. Please tell me."

I glanced away thinking it over before sighing and looking back at him. "Very well. I'm trusting you with my past Max. Please respect it even if I say something you don't like."

Max nodded with no hesitation "I have nothing but respect for you Dantes. Knowing about your past won't change that."

I nodded looking in his eyes before looking back at my glass. "You see, growing up I thought I was a member of the fey just like my mother and the people of the court. It wasn't until I was seven that I learned that, that couldn't be the furthest from the truth.

Past Dantes Pov- I was born in the land of Faerie to a beautiful lady of the court. Her name was Amaryllis and she was maybe the most beautiful lady in the whole land. She had golden hair that was so long it was like a train down her back. Her eyes were green as dark as the grass and her skin was like light cream.

I didn't look like my mother. I had hair the color of dark chocolate and my eyes were purple instead of green. My skin was also pale as snow which wasn't as charming.

I never really seen the difference in my mother and I though. She would always call me her little snowflake and said I was the most special person in her life.

"Mama, how come I look different from you" I asked her once when I was seven. I was sitting in her lap letting her braid my hair. At the time my hair was down to my shoulder blades since it was normal for the fey to have long hair.

She smiled down at me finishing off the braid and tying it with some string. "You my dear child look like your father. He had the same hair and skin that you do. Your eyes though are all your own."

I looked up at her frowning "how come I've never met my father? Who is he?" She frowned slightly, rubbing my head with her soft warm hands. "It's best you don't know anything about your father my little snowflake. The Seelie Queen forbid me from ever talking about him again so I can't really tell you anyway."

I frowned thinking that was a little strange "Is father a bad man?"

She glanced away from me keeping quiet for a long moment before looking back at me "he wasn't always bad... but yes Dantes he is bad now."