Andrew Sylvan Part Two

Born to Endless Love Chapter Forty-Six: Andrew Sylvan Part Two

Max age: 22, Alec age: 41

Eighteen Year Old Andrew Pov

When I thought about what heaven might look like, It was always a place with puffy white clouds and golden gates as far as the eye could see. What I didn't expect it to be like? Dark, damp, and covered in dirt.

Maybe I wasn't in heaven. Maybe the sin of not saving the love of my life sent me to hell. Hell seems like a place you would get dirt in your mouth every time you try to open it.

Still, I don't feel dead. When you are dead, you're supposed to feel cold. On the other hand, my throat is practically on fire. I feel the panic of needing to get out of here... but my heart isn't racing. Why isn't my heart racing? I'm obviously having a panic attack!

Dig. You need to dig your way out of here.

That voice was back in my head, trying to tell me what to do. Not having any other options, I reached my arms up and started scrapping my nails through the thick mud and dirt. Was I really underground? Did I have a funeral and get buried down here?

Did my family not bother to buy me a coffin to properly lay me to rest? I wish I could say that was surprising, but it's not.

I kept digging for what felt like forever. Finally, my hand broke through the final layer, and I could feel the cool air of New York at night time. When the rest of my body followed, I looked around to find myself in a dark cold cemetery.

"How... how did I get here?"

I looked down to see that I was sitting in a hole. It was made just big enough for my body.

"Good, you're finally awake."

I looked up seeing that handsome stranger from before standing there, leaning against a tree. I opened my mouth to ask him what happened, but suddenly the burning in my throat got ten times worse. I grabbed onto my throat, trying to form words but I couldn't.

The stranger got closer to me and threw a medium sized bag of something red in front of me. I didn't even take a moment to ask what it was. Instead, I snatched it up and tore the bag open with my teeth before pouring the contents into my mouth. The feeling of it sliding down my throat soothed the burning a little, but not by much. Whatever this stuff is, it's delicious.

I licked my lips, pulling the bag away from my mouth to look it over. My entire body stiffened when I realized it was a blood bank bag.

"Did... did I just drink blood?" I asked in shock.

"Tell me what you remember," the stranger said, not answering me.

"I... my boyfriend was trying to get us to commit suicide together. He shot me in the side when I tried to pull the gun away from him. I tried to convince him to take me to the hospital, but he shot himself in the head. I left, trying to find the hospital myself, but I ended up passing out in front of an old hotel instead. That's all I remember."

He stayed silent for a moment, letting that all sink in for a moment before nodding. "You begged me to save you... so that's what I did. There would have been no chance of you surviving if you went to a hospital. You had already lost too much blood at that point."

"Then... then how did you save me," I asked confused.

"The only way I could," he said, putting his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket. "I turned you into a vampire."

"A... A what?"

This couldn't have been happening, right? Vampires don't exist. There is no way I could become something like that. I think that, but there is no denying that I just devoured a bag of blood.