Chapter 2

Daina

I got ready and fixed my hair in a bun. I pulled on my acid washed skinny jeans, with a white peplum top and a white sandals. I applied lip gloss to my lips, put on my glasses and went in the family room to wait on Deanna.

Couple minutes after, she came downstairs in a acid washed jeans, a white high-low top that fits her perfectly and a white sandals. Her hair was in a bun and she was ready. We were basically twinning.

"Hey guys, I looked after breakfast for y'all." Our mother said. We sat around the hardwood table and waited for breakfast. A minute later she came out with pancakes, scramble eggs and bacon with orange juice. We've never had pancakes before let alone at all.

"Mom what are these blue things in the pancake?" Deanna ask holding it up.

"It's blueberry darling." She said.

She sat around the table with us and ate. I didn't bother to question her about where she got the food from. So we ate.

"You girls look beautiful." She complemented us.

"Thank you." We both said.

"Okay, finish eating then put the dishes in the sink." She said.

After we finish our breakfast, we had 20 minutes to get to school. We put the dishes in the sink and went through the door.

"Girls wait." She said fanning us down. "Here's $10 dollars. Buy yourself lunch today. I love you." She said sincerely giving each of us $10.

"We love you too." We gave her a hug and started walking.

****************

"Where you think mom got that money from? Knowing her, she never have money." Deanna ask.

"I don't know, probably......" I said, trailing off. "I don't know." I thought again. "Probably she have some savings from Mac."

"I like Armani, she's cool." Deanna said.

"Yeah she's amazing. I still can't believe she's half Jamaican." I said patting the top of my hair.

"Yep." She said popping the p. "Hey watchu think about Xavier?" She ask playing with her nails.

"He's cool too I guess." I pause and looked at her. "Don't tell me you have a crush on him." I ask, not taking my eyes off her.

"Well....." She trailed off making me laugh.

We were 10 minutes away from school. As we were walking, I saw a black Mercedes-Benz slowly pulling up next to us. I drew Deanna closer to me. The window rolled down but we continued walking.

"Hey you girls want a ride?" I heard a familiar voice said. I turned to see August driving and Karruche in the passengers seat.

"No we're good." I continued walking.

The car stopped and August got out. He ran over to us and we stopped.

"Excuse me." I said.

August

"Excuse me." She said.

"Give me a good reason why I can't take you girls to school? If the reason is good then I'll take you, if it's not, I'll take you. Now tell me why." I said folding my arms making them laugh.

"August leave em alone. Bitches wanna walk, let em." Karrueche said looking down at her phone.

Daina gave Karrueche a death glare and I held back a laugh.

"Karot, I bet yo ass is jealous of the amount of shit you talking right now." Daina blasted at her making Deanna and I dying with laughter.

"Anyways, your reason!"